Established in 1973, Cacique® has affirmed itself as America’s leader in Hispanic perishables. Our product offerings span from fresh cheeses, table creams, and processed cheese to cured meats and drinkable yogurts. Our company has a leadership position amongst the Hispanic population nationwide and enjoys a steady path of growth. We are a very dedicated and competitive family owned company which offers an excellent environment in which to thrive and grow.
Cacique looks to hire future teammates who embody Cacique’s Four Pillars: Family, Quality, Integrity and Authenticity. These four Pillars are the values that have been the foundation of Cacique’s success since its inception in 1973. Our work culture embraces people who are innovative, resourceful, determined, catalysts of change and champions of our values.
We are currently looking for a passionate Financial, Analysis and Planning professional to become our next Director of FP&A who embodies our values and is looking to join America’s leader in Hispanic perishables. The Director of Financial Planning and Analysis is primarily responsible for partnering with internal clients across the full business value chain to provide thought leadership and analytical insight that drives achievement of business goals. This includes the tools and processes to support the long-range planning process, annual budget process, as well as monthly, quarterly, and annual latest estimate forecasts. In addition, responsibility includes developing, implementing, and maintaining financial models and analyses of financial and operational metrics to evaluate and direct business performance. This role reports to the CFO and will have two or more direct reports. This position will be based out of Monrovia, CA.
- Partnering with the Demand and Supply leadership teams to collaborative develop and manage the integration of their annual and long-range plans; tracking performance to plan; and data-driven decision making.
- Drive improvements to operating margin by identifying cost saving opportunities and opportunities for revenue growth.
- Create reports and other analytical tools that aid Management decision making, track key KPIs, provide compelling insight to the business and result in operational improvements.
- Continuously improving Cacique’s annual budget, reporting, and incentive plan processes. Establishes timeline, coordinates, and leads the organizational budget process. Point of contact and subject expert on budgets, variance reporting, and forecasting. This includes the tools and processes needed to support both annual planning as well as period reporting and performance tracking.
- Consult on financial review of business case justifications for business-wide projects with appropriate project leads to identify value and investment implications
- Establish a baseline and elevate financial acumen throughout the company.
- Communication skills: Effective, visionary leader that effectively translates the company values and culture, strategy and goals. Able to easily communicate plan, reports, ideas and concepts to the organization and keep clear alignment with cross functional leadership.
- Strong leadership skills: motivates team towards accomplishing common goals. Promotes teamwork and cohesion with a focus on speed, accuracy, and continuous improvement to drive the financial results of the company.
- Financial/Business Acumen: Able to understand the P&L and Balance Sheet, and interface with different areas of the business (Sales, Marketing, Innovation, Manufacturing, Logistics, HR, IT, Legal, and Treasury) and help interpret business results to help drive decision-making.
- Planning: Experienced with developing and implementing budgeting and forecasting models to support sales planning, trade spend, fixed and variable costs, etc. to achieve desired business results.
- Analysis: Demonstrates the ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity to interpret data trends, forecast sales, expenses, balance sheet, and cash flows; and align with cross-functional leadership as needed to prepare; manage detailed annual business plans; provide recommendations and solutions that address business issues.
- Presentation ability: Able to prepare and successfully present detailed financial results effectively to team members at all levels within the organization.
- Problem solving: Ability to solve, scale and sustain opportunities that meet financial and procedural expectations. Uses teamwork to maximize the results.
- Team Development: Able to develop team members through mutually agreed upon growth plans.
- 5+ or more years’ experience as Director of Financial Planning and Analysis
- CPG and/or food manufacturing industry experience strongly preferred
- Experience with analyzing & developing financial business models, analysis of financial reports & metrics and preparation of thorough reports used for senior management
- System experience with Microsoft Dynamics and like-kind platform reporting systems are a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting; MBA preferred