The Director of Physician Services is responsible for the administrative management, leadership, and P&L of the Cabell Huntington Hospital Family Medical Centers and hospital employed and leased physicians. Serves as a resource to hospital CEO and University Physician Services on physician recruitment, retention, and compensation issues. The incumbent will serve as a communication liaison with hospital management, and practices. The incumbent will also work with practice managers to oversee day-to-day operations of the employed physicians.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare or related field required. Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Healthcare Administration preferred.
- CPA preferred
- 5 years progressive healthcare management experience. Preference will be given to those experienced in medical practice management.
- In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of hospital and medical practice administration.
- Extensive experience working with operations administration for multi-hospital healthcare organizations.
- Must have ability to provide initiative, judgement and creativity in the resolution of complex problems.