Full Job Description
- Manage reporting and analysis to drive change focused on key strategic priorities.
- Conduct independent research and analytical projects involving financial modeling/forecasting to provide senior management with definitive financial trend data to manage strategic objectives.
- Assist in project design and lead projects of moderate scope.
- Perform detailed, interpretative financial analysis utilizing complex financial tools
- Build and maintain forecasting models/tools; work in collaboration with business groups to provide insightful analysis.
- Work with cross-functional teams to build business cases that increase institutional profitability.
- Maintain strong financial controls and drive continual process improvement.
- Special projects as assigned; FP&A, investor relations, and corporate development
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- In depth knowledge of transactions pervasive in banking industry and accounting methods to record such transactions
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP and financial principles
- Advanced working knowledge in spreadsheet and database software such as Excel and Access
- Prior experience of accounting and auditing or extensive work experience in financial reporting and analysis in the banking industry
- Understanding of internal controls, audit methods, core business procedures, risks and related exposure
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Extremely strong analytical, problem-solving skills and business acumen
- Experience in managing projects
- Analytical ability to interpret data and present it in a concise form while providing recommendations
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; MBA preferred
- 2-5 years of complex financial analysis experience
- Requires knowledge of Microsoft Office.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Customer Service – Adheres to The Busey Promise of service standards – Service excellence in everything we do for our Pillars.
- Functional Knowledge and Technical Skills – Skilled in job-specific knowledge necessary to provide deliverables in a timely and efficient manner.
- Accountability – Work behaviors demonstrate responsible personal and professional conduct, which contributes to the overall goals and objectives of Busey.
- Interpersonal Relations (Teamwork) – Interacts effectively with others to establish and maintain smooth working relations.
- Attention to Detail – Working in a conscientious, consistent, and thorough manner
- Information Gathering and Processing – Locating and collecting data from appropriate sources and analyzing it to prepare meaningful and concise reports that summarize the information.
- Verbal & Written Communication – Communicating ideas and information in to ensure that information and messages are understood and have the desired impact.
- Initiative – Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
Busey believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Equal Opportunity Employment is a priority for Busey and all qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital status, military status, veterans status, citizenship status, work authorization status, work disability, order of protection or any other characteristic protected by applicable law or other non-merit based factors.