Every firm has a culture – the values, beliefs, methodology, attitudes and standards that reflect an organization’s DNA. But the truly inspiring firms – the game-changers, the industry leaders and the disruptors – have cultures that propel them to innovate and stand out. At Brown Advisory, we aim to be one of those inspired firms. Over the years, we have purposefully built and nurtured our client-first culture.
Brown Advisory is an independent investment management firm committed to delivering a combination of first-class performance, strategic advice and the highest level of client service with offices in Austin, Baltimore, Boston, the Carolinas, Delaware, London, New York, Singapore, Virginia and Washington, D.C. The firm’s institutional and private clients are based in 50 states and more than 39 countries and territories and are served by over 650 colleagues worldwide, all of whom are equity owners of the firm.
Brown Advisory’s Charlottesville office is seeking a proactive and professional individual to serve as a Portfolio Analyst. Due to the complex nature of clients’ investment objectives and related service needs, Portfolio Analysts must be well versed in a broad range of investment disciplines and strategies. The position requires a high level of sophistication and flexibility in understanding and implementing diverse investment strategies.
- Participate in portfolio management activities for Balanced multi-asset class portfolios; each subject to the customized investment needs of the client. Services include, but are not limited to, management of liquidity needs, analysis of equity, fixed income and opportunistic alternative investments as appropriate.
- Ensure that portfolio managers have adequate information to perform daily portfolio management duties (strong focus on various information systems)
- Develop investment strategies for clients in coordination with the Portfolio Management and Open Architecture Asset Allocation teams.
- Assist in the management of all aspects of client relationships, including communication, trading and coordination with Portfolio Managers, Strategic Advisors, Account Administrators and Marketing.
Successful candidates are driven to proactively support the Portfolio Manager(s) with whom they are teamed. They possess exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, are able to operate independently with a high level of direct responsibility, maintain strong ties to the various investment teams at the firm and participate actively in the analysis of new strategies. Portfolio Analysts are highly professional and unconditionally dedicated to delivering a first-class experience to clients.
Specific qualifications for the Portfolio Analyst position include:
- 0-3 years of experience preferred
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Accounting or related subject
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Bloomberg; Charles River and APX strongly preferred
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Ability to handle confidential material with utmost discretion
- A passion for financial markets
- Progress towards or completion of MBA, CFA and/or Equity Analyst experience preferred
At Brown Advisory we offer a competitive compensation package, including full benefits.
- Wellness program participation incentive
- Financial wellness program
- Gym membership discounts
- Fitness event fee reimbursement
- Corporate gym membership discounts
- Colleague Assistance Program
- Telemedicine Program (for those enrolled in Medical)
- Adoption Benefits
- Daycare late pick-up fee reimbursement
- Basic Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Paid parental leave
- Group Long Term Disability
- Pet Insurance
- 401(k) (50% employer match up to IRS limit, 4 year vesting)
Brown Advisory is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Back ShareApply Now