Every firm has a culture – the values, beliefs, methodology, attitudes and standards that reflect an organization’s DNA. But the truly inspiring firms – the game-changers, the industry leaders and the disruptors – have cultures that propel them to innovate and stand out. At Brown Advisory, we aim to be one of those inspired firms. Over the years, we have purposefully built and nurtured our client-first culture.
Brown Advisory is an independent investment management firm committed to delivering a combination of first-class performance, strategic advice and the highest level of client service with offices in Austin, Baltimore, Boston, the Carolinas, Delaware, London, New York, Singapore, Virginia and Washington, D.C. The firm’s institutional and private clients are based in 50 states and more than 39 countries and territories and are served by over 650 colleagues worldwide, all of whom are equity owners of the firm.
Brown Advisory’s Baltimore office is seeking a proactive and professional individual to serve as an Associate Portfolio Manager. Due to the complex nature of clients’ investment objectives and related service needs, Associate Portfolio Managers must be well versed in a broad range of investment disciplines and strategies. The position requires a high level of attention to detail, sophistication, and flexibility in understanding and implementing diverse investment strategies.
The primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participate in portfolio management activities for a broad array of Individual, Family, Trust, and Balanced Institutional portfolios; each subject to the customized investment needs of the client. Services include, but are not limited to, management of liquidity needs, analysis of equity, fixed income, and opportunistic alternative investments as appropriate.
- Utilize financial planning tools to analyze complex financial information and ensure that portfolio managers have adequate information to perform daily portfolio management duties (strong focus on various information systems).
- Develop and implement investment strategies for clients in coordination with the Portfolio Management team and Investment Solutions Group.
- Perform detailed analyses of both existing and prospective client investment portfolios and create client-specific materials and reports.
- Assist in the management of all aspects of client relationships, including trading, reporting, communication, and coordination with Portfolio Managers, Portfolio Analysts, Strategic Advisors, Account Administrators, and Messaging.
- Establish strong working relationships with team members in the Boston office and throughout the organization.
Successful candidates are driven to proactively support the Portfolio Manager(s) with whom they are teamed. They possess exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, are able to operate independently with a high level of direct responsibility, maintain strong ties to the various investment teams at the firm, and participate actively in the analysis of new strategies. Associate Portfolio Managers are highly professional and unconditionally dedicated to delivering a first-class experience to clients.
Specific qualifications for the Associate Portfolio Manager position include:
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience within the finance industry preferred.
- MBA or progress towards CFA designation is desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Bloomberg, FactSet, Charles River, APX is a plus.
- Ability to multi-task, to establish priorities, and to work both independently and within a small team environment.
- Ability to handle confidential material with utmost discretion.
- A passion for financial markets
- Strong written and verbal communication
At Brown Advisory we offer a competitive compensation package, including full benefits.
- Wellness program participation incentive
- Financial wellness program
- Gym membership discounts
- Fitness event fee reimbursement
- Corporate gym membership discounts
- Colleague Assistance Program
- Telemedicine Program (for those enrolled in Medical)
- Adoption Benefits
- Daycare late pick-up fee reimbursement
- Basic Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Paid Parental leave
- Group Long Term Disability
- Pet Insurance
- 401(k) (50% employer match up to IRS limit, 4 year vesting)
Brown Advisory is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.