Full Job Description
What does BPM stand for? Innovation, opportunity, community, diversity, inclusivity, flexibility and so much more.
B-P-M stands for “Because People Matter,” because at our core, our people drive everything we do and how we do it.
We are a forward-thinking, full-service accounting firm providing modern solutions to businesses across the globe. We focus on comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services for our clients, and we provide our people and our community with the resources to lead meaningful and purposeful lives.
While we are one of the largest California-based accounting firms, our flexible work locations and schedules mean we have professionals across the continent. Our teams and our clients drive us to provide quality services and ignite unique insights and ideas that contribute to our continued success. Our clients come from different backgrounds and industries, which keep our people intellectually challenged every day.
Our initiatives and ideals lead to our continued recognition as one of the “Best Places to Work” in the Bay Area and beyond. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle. Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
International Tax Services Team
Our growing International Tax Services (ITS) team is looking for dynamic and driven Seniors or Supervisors, interested in taking their career to the next level. As a member of the ITS team, you will work on a variety of tax issues for multinational corporate clients, including tax planning, restructuring, transfer pricing, and audit defense, as well as, researching and writing memorandum, tax compliance, income tax provisions, preparation and review.
This position involves advising multinational businesses on tax implications of cross-border transactions and coordinating U.S. tax laws with foreign tax laws to develop an optimal worldwide tax strategy. You will have the opportunity to work with a variety of clients and prospective clients on consulting, compliance and provision projects. You will assume a high degree of responsibility and exposure within BPM.
- A unique people-centered culture that attracts the brightest and most forward-thinking accounting professionals.
- The resources, expertise, and global capability of a Big Four accounting firm together with the responsiveness and accessibility of a local firm.
- A strong regional presence in the Bay Area, while still serving our clients nationally and internationally.
- Recognition as one of the Bay Area’s “Best Place to Work” and “No. 1 Best Large Accounting Firm to Work for” by Accounting Today.
You Have (Requirements):
- A BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- MS in Taxation/ JD/LLM in Taxation/MBA – a plus
- CPA certification/license, Enrolled Agent, or active member of the bar is preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in a corporate tax practice within a professional services firm or industry
- Past international tax experience, or relevant research, planning, and consulting experience a plus
- Ability to recognize, evaluate and communicate tax concepts and issues
- Demonstrated superior client service orientation
- Willingness to market services to existing and prospective clients
- Strong written and oral communication skills
You Will (Responsibilities):
- Provide tax provision and compliance services to a diverse base of corporate clients
- Develop and deliver innovative financial planning ideas that meet or exceed client expectations
- Oversee complex tax research projects for a variety of clients and diverse industries
- Develop and manage the overall plan and economics of projects
- Apply creative problem solving skills to evaluate and select alternative actions to lessen international tax burdens
- Work with clients to minimize their global tax obligations
- Develop and motivate tax associates by reviewing their work and provide them with leadership and career guidance
- Oversee multiple client services teams on client engagements; plan, execute, direct, and complete international tax projects in a wide variety of industries; provide innovative tax planning and compliance expertise to clients
- Manage the delivery of a full range of international tax services and advise U.S. and foreign multinational companies on the tax implications of their international operations as well as coordinating U.S. tax laws with foreign tax laws to develop an optimal worldwide tax strategy
- Consult with clients on tax-efficient structuring of international transactions, effective use of tax treaties, planning related to offshore investments activities and repatriation programs to minimize US and foreign income taxes
- Minimize worldwide tax burdens on business transactions and operations, and making effective foreign investments
- Serve as a point-of-contact for client personnel with both tax and technical backgrounds
- Build on technical competence by keeping up to date on industry trends, developments and technical authorities and apply them to complex situations
BPM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note – this posting is for prospective candidates only. Unsolicited third party resume submissions will be considered property of BPM and will not be acknowledged or returned.