Full job description
ASSOCIATE – M&A ADVISORY HISPANIC LATAM – ENERGY, RENEWABLES AND INFRASTRUCTURE (JOB NUMBER: ADV000225)
Advisory Americas delivers corporate finance advisory services for mergers and acquisitions throughout the Americas (North and Latin America). The team includes over 80 bankers located in New York, Mexico City, Bogota, São Paulo, and Santiago de Chile.
Within Latin America, the team is organized geographically along four regions: Mexico, Brazil, Andean Region and Southern Cone. While covering all industries, the team is organized along five primary investment banking industry groups: Energy & Renewables; Infrastructure; TMT, Industry Materials and Financial Institutions.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates are measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Able to influence peers and team.
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact.
- Exercise appropriate autonomy in the execution and delivery of work.
- Responsible for driving outcomes, which have meaningful effect on team or department.
- Leadership and Collaboration:
- Creates trust with colleagues.
- Acts in leadership capacity for projects, processes, or programs.
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus:
- Able to build relationships with a mix of colleagues and clients.
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders.
- Demonstrates the ability to influence stakeholders at the team level.
- Compliance Culture and Conduct:
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts.
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards.
- Overview. Contribute actively to the execution and origination of M&A advisory activities across Latin America excluding Brazil (“Hispanic Latam”)
- Execution. Day-to-day execution of all aspects of M&A sell-side and buy-side transactions (including preparation of marketing materials, financial analyses, information package, coordination with transaction stakeholders and third-party advisors, etc.)
- Origination. Contribute to the preparation of origination materials and be able to present clearly some key ideas in client meetings
- Team Building. The Associate will work closely with Analysts on transactions, marketing, pitch preparation and deal execution. A key focus of the role will be overall mentoring of junior resources and ability to generally act as a constructive team player
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics – preferably, Master’s Degree or MBA
- 3/4+ years of relevant experience in M&A, Project Finance (or other structured finance) ideally with an energy, renewables and/or infrastructure focus, preferably in a bulge bracket or large boutique investment bank
- Proficiency in Spanish and English (both written and spoken)
- Advanced understanding of the energy & infrastructure sector dynamics and trends in Latin America
- Significant M&A transaction experience in the Latin American energy & infrastructure sectors and direct experience assisting in the origination of M&A transactions
- Global mindset to support the identification of cross-border opportunities (i.e., referrals, origination and execution opportunities) across the Americas, Europe and Asia
- Superior people skills to ensure constructive dialogue and positive cooperation both internally and externally
- Team player, self-motivated and entrepreneurial, with the ability and willingness to guide and mentor junior team members
- Strong financial modelling capabilities and advanced knowledge of corporate finance theory
- Client-focused, deal-driven, credible, and a highly energetic professional
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- High level of intellect, professionalism, and integrity
FINRA Registrations Required:
- SIE, Series 63, 79
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
- Not Applicable
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
- Not Applicable
The expected starting salary range for this position in New York is between $175,000 to $200,000 annually. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business line, and geographic/office location.
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 65 countries, with nearly 190,000 employees. In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business. We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
The bank employs nearly 6,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
As an international company with a global footprint, the unique cultures and viewpoints of our team members are an integral part of the fabric of BNP Paribas. We are a company with a purpose – to be a responsible and sustainable global leader. We aim to create an environment where our employees feel empowered to drive change, make an impact and be true to themselves. We employ talented individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, locally and globally, and are inspired by our employees who help us in cultivating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace through initiatives such as our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Leadership Forum and Employee Resource Group (ERG) communities. We strive to be a workplace where all team members can grow and thrive and offer robust training, development and mentoring opportunities to make that vision a reality. Our leaders are deeply committed to DEI and highly accessible to our employees, consistently soliciting feedback on how we can continue to support our employees to reach their highest potential.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World – https://usa.bnpparibas/en/homepage/join-us/our-opportunities/
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
: US-New York
: Standard / Permanent
Education Level : Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)
Experience Level : At least 3 years
Entity : BNP Paribas CIB