Innovation is imagining what’s NEXT when no one else can. Shaping your future starts here, as we believe our Gen>NEXT students are the future leaders of BMW. Our vision is to secure BMW Manufacturing’s excellence by attracting the best of the best. We believe in creating a hands-on environment where you can directly impact the future of mobility. You will be guided and mentored throughout inspiring tasks and projects. As one of our Gen>NEXT students, you will be part of the team from day one and encouraged to add new ideas and value to the business.
This position will support the areas of Occupational Health and Safety in the development and continuous improvement of our management programs. The role provides project support for occupational health and safety projects, programs, pilots, processes, and initiatives. Duties include administrative support, project management, continuous improvement/efficiencies, research/analysis, process mapping, and evaluation/reporting. The role will interface with a variety of health and safety core responsibilities (including auditing, occupational medical management, safety compliance, ergonomics, industrial hygiene, management systems, and specification/program development).
The qualified intern should expect to contribute & improve in the in the following functions:
- Assisting with the sustainability of existing programs and making efficiencies and modifications to existing procedures.
- Leading a small project with team and report results to a steering circle.
- Assist with program administration such as documentation tracking and filing, collecting and analyzing satisfaction survey data, monitoring action items, and key performance indicators.
- Assist in audits, ergonomic evaluations, inspections, and investigations.
- Conduct research on potential vendors and innovative technology.
- Develop communication plans and training programs for new programs.
- Provide support for interactions with internal and external customers.
- Maintain project plan and task lists various individual and team projects
- Attend project meetings and compile notes and action items
- Create presentations and communication documents using Corporate Identity standards
- Daily use of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint) and SharePoint
- Development of a structure/building safety buy-off procedure
- Refinement of Industrial Hygiene Program (JHHA and Operational Technical Manual Documents)
- Create a standardized Risk Assessment Template for new equipment
- Revise contractor and construction orientation
- Implement a mobile application for behavior-based safety observations
- Development of key performance indicator dashboards to the drill down within the production technologies.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or Ergonomics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and preferred to have database skills.
- Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (not just in major).
- Have full-time status at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States.
- Completed at least 30 credit hours at time of application.
- Able to work full-time (40 hours / week).
- Transfer students must have a GPA from current university.
- MUST ATTACH A COPY OF UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT.
- Complete and pass a substance abuse test before the work term.
- THE WORK TERM DATES ARE AUGUST 16th – DECEMBER 17th 2021.
BMW Manufacturing Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of BMW MC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Employment with BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC (BMW MC) is at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without notice, at the option of BMW MC or the employees.