COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS INTERN (FALL 2021)
Innovation is imagining what’s NEXT when no one else can. Shaping your future starts here, as we believe our Gen>NEXT students are the future leaders of BMW. Our vision is to secure BMW Manufacturing’s excellence by attracting the best of the best. We believe in creating a hands-on environment where you can directly impact the future of mobility. You will be guided and mentored throughout inspiring tasks and projects. As one of our Gen>NEXT students, you will be part of the team from day one and encouraged to add new ideas and value to the business.
The Compensation and Benefits Intern will be a part of the HR Planning departmetn and will gain understanding on the compensation benchmarking process and benefit plan design.
The qualified intern should expect to contribute & improve in the in the following functions:
- Supporting the Compensation and Organization Team in compensation benchmarking, position benchmarking
- Updating Job Function Data Sheets (JFDS) for new and existing positions
- Support Plant headcount and budget and planning steering
- Support benefits team in vendor review, open enrollment presentations and answering of HR Service Center cases
- Updates and modifies process documents for the Compensation & Benefits teams
- Supports benefits team with audits and compliance questions
- Support in the maintenance of organization charts
- Answer HR Service Center cases daily
- Review and update process documentation as requested
- Participate in continuous improvement workshops and document the outcomes of those workshops
- Data analysis of medical plan expenses for Plant Spartanburg
- Participation/Analysis of Compensation Survey Results
Qualifications and Experience
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s program in Business (Human Resources, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Business Management, etc) or Information Technology.
- Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (not just in major).
- Have full-time status at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States.
- Completed at least 30 credit hours at time of application.
- Able to work full-time (40 hours / week).
- Transfer students must have a GPA from current university.
- MUST ATTACH A COPY OF UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT.
- Complete and pass a substance abuse test before the work term.
- THE WORK TERM DATES ARE AUGUST 16th – DECEMBER 17th 2021.
BMW Manufacturing Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of BMW MC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Employment with BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC (BMW MC) is at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without notice, at the option of BMW MC or the employees.