Biodesix is a leading diagnostic company with a focus in lung disease. The Company develops diagnostic tests addressing important clinical questions by combining multi-omics through the power of artificial intelligence. Biodesix is the first company to offer six non-invasive tests for patients with diseases of the lung. Biodesix launched the SARS-CoV-2 ddPCR™ test and the Platelia SARS-CoV-2 Total Ab in response to the global pandemic and virus that impacts the lung and causes COVID-19. The blood-based Biodesix Lung Reflex® strategy for lung cancer patients integrates the GeneStrat® and VeriStrat® tests to support treatment decisions with results in 72 hours, expediting time to treatment. The blood-based Nodify Lung™ nodule risk assessment testing strategy consisting of the Nodify XL2™ test and the Nodify CDT™ test evaluates the risk of malignancy in incidental pulmonary nodules, enabling physicians to better triage patients to the most appropriate course of action. Biodesix also collaborates with many of the world’s leading biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies to solve complex diagnostic challenges in lung disease. For more information about Biodesix, please visit www.biodesix.com.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
This role will play a key role in both the tactical and strategic growth of the company by spear-heading the Company’s financial plans and forecasts, variance analysis, financial reporting. They will provide financial consulting and strategic business support including financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities, acquisition analysis and other projects as requested. This function acts as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support optimal business decision making.
- Analyze current and past trends, and variances, in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures
- Oversee and manage the continued development and improvement of the Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis
- Produce and Improve Quarterly and Monthly Financial reports
- Owner of the Host/Planful Analytics Planning and reporting tool. Optimize the utility of the system across the company
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies and understand ROI for multiple projects across functions
- Analyze and provide input into complex contracts with pharmaceutical partners
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Maintain accurate BOM’s for on market products
COMPETENCY OR POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA highly preferred
- Host/Planful or other similar planning and reporting experience desirable
- 5+ years’ experience building Ad Hoc financial models and data analysis
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Power BI and Host Analytics skills desirable
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Public company experience
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity
Biodesix is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.