Financial Analyst Role:
- Preparing daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly data pulls, analysis, and reporting to management
- Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- Maintains database by entering, verifying, and backing up data.
- Liaisons with accounting team for data integrity
- Determines cost of operations by establishing standard costs; collecting operational data.
- Identifies financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Guides cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions.
- Improves financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
- Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; studying proposed changes in methods and materials.
- Increases productivity by developing automated accounting applications; coordinating information requirements.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties and tasks as needed and/or assigned
Financial Analyst Skills and Qualifications:
Corporate Finance, Developing Standards, Quality Management, Problem Solving, Process Improvement, Cost Accounting, Statistical Analysis, Financial Planning and Strategy, Reporting Research Results, Requirements Analysis, Financial Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field; MBA, CPA or CMA a plus.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in corporate finance, financial planning & analysis, investment banking, or other related fields.
- Mortgage Banking experience a huge plus
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and financial modeling (Power user)
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem solving skills
- Attention to accuracy and detail required