Full Job Description
With over forty consultants worldwide, BRG’s Energy & Climate practice is the one of the leading energy and sustainability consulting teams in the industry. We advise utilities and energy companies, government and NGOs, large corporations, product manufacturers, and investors to help them navigate the energy transition and thrive in a rapidly changing market environment. Our clients include some of the world’s largest electric, water, and gas utilities; large independent power generators; and many of the largest gas distribution and pipeline companies.
BRG’s seasoned consultants collaborate to help clients transform their businesses, manage complexity, evaluate, and mitigate risk, master compliance requirements, and position themselves to thrive in the energy transition. Our specialized experience and advanced analytic approach to problem-solving allow us to provide breakthrough insights for clients. Working at the intersection of technology, markets, and policy, BRG energy consultants help clients innovate to address opportunities and challenges presented by declining costs for renewable and storage technologies, volatile costs of primary energy, increasing climate awareness and regulation, and growing use of energy-efficient technologies and distributed energy resources.
- You will be responsible for conducting evaluations, DCF analysis, Public Comps Analysis, and M&A Precedent Transaction Analysis with a focus on the E&P Upstream and Oilfield Services sectors.
- Develop sophisticated financial models in Excel, create PowerPoint slide decks for senior leaders, and prepare written reports in Word.
- Perform detailed Company and Industry research efficiently navigating financial statements (10K, 10Q, etc.), investor presentations, and large databases (Enverus, IHS, S&P, Bloomberg, etc.)
- Effectively collaborate with teammates across the firm, industry and/or product partners, and clients.
- MBA degree required. Prior work experience preferably in Energy;
- This position will be based in our Houston, TX or NYC offices;
- Minimum of two (2+) years of energy Investment Banking or Management Consulting experience including M&A, Restructuring, and/or valuations is highly desired;
- Experience in E&P upstream and oilfield services are also helpful;
- Strong financial modeling and valuation analysis experience. Superior MS Excel skills with sharp attention to details;
- Excellent PowerPoint skills is a must. Experience developing presentations and reports for senior management and executives;
- Familiar with Enverus, IHS, S&P, Bloomberg, and other relevant data providers;
- Fluent in navigating financial statements (10K, 10Q, etc.) and investor presentations;
- Proven experience working collaboratively on fast-paced, demanding, and deadline-driven projects;
- Candidates must be prepared to assume a high level of responsibility and effectively prioritize competing for requests to deliver content;
- Ability to effectively communicate and present to clients and partners;
- The ability to convey complex matters in a concise, simple manner in presentations; and
- Desire to continue learning and drive to meet advancement requirements.
Berkeley Research Group (“BRG”) and its energy practice (“BRG Energy”) provide independent advice, valuation analysis, restructuring advice, fairness opinions and expert testimony advisory services to Fortune 500 corporations, financial institutions, government agencies, major law firms, and regulatory bodies around the world. The candidate for this position must have significant investment banking upstream E&P oil/gas valuation analysis experience, including DCF analysis, NAV’s, Public Comparable, M&A Precedent Transaction Analysis, and proven experience in the energy market.