Job Description Summary Job DescriptionThe Cost Accounting Manager position manages all cost accounting functions in accordance to policies, procedures, and controls. Responsibilities
- Responsible for product costing/standard costing.
- Manage two production clerks
- Perform analysis of manufacturing variances and reporting of results to facility management.
- Responsible for monthly and weekly reporting and decision support.
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual budget and the monthly costing cycle to calculate plant cost.
- Responsible for timely and accurate budgeting and forecasting, internal management reporting and supporting analysis.
- Ensure that business goals such as cost reduction initiatives, working capital management, productivity improvement, and return on capital employed is adequately measured, managed and achieved.
- Manage capital and evaluate capital requests
- Monitor, evaluate and coordinate the disposal of obsolete and excess inventories, including appropriate reserve requirements and all fixed asset management.
- Perform monthly reconciliations of general ledger cost accounts and reporting.
- Perform monthly financial close activities including updating and maintaining the General Ledger.
- Manage year end physical inventory.
- Bachelor’s degree in business with emphasis in accounting or finance required. MBA and/or CPA preferred. Any additional certifications (CMA, CME, etc.) nice to have.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years background in manufacturing financial analysis and/or budgeting.
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years of management experience.
- Thorough knowledge of inventory accounting theory and practice.
- Proficiency in planning, analyzing, written and oral communications.
- Ability to supervise a variety of complex tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to interface with all levels of internal and external personnel.
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential information.
- Highly knowledgeable in accounting software; manufacturing structure/product costs software and ability to create reports from complicated database systems.
- Advance computer skills, i.e. Access, Excel, JD Edwards.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status. #LI-PRO Primary Work LocationUSA SC – Moncks Corner Additional Locations Work Shift