The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for providing and accurately interpreting complex analyses related to the various missions of Baylor College of Medicine’s (BCM). This position is responsible for the routine analysis of data, monthly reporting, and development of tool-sets within various platforms, financial modeling, and special projects to facilitate decision-making process from staff to executive level. The position requires the ability to work collaboratively with teams and take a lead role to perform the duties of developing complex power analytics dashboards and management reports via the Microsoft Power BI technology platform as well as SQL.
With experience in finance, technology and healthcare, this position will be actively involved in developing and advancing BCM’s best practices and tools for business/financial analysis & reporting. This individual highlights performance issues, identifies problems, utilizes creativity in problem solving through technology, researches possible solutions, and forms conclusions to present to management and others involved.
- Provides technological, financial, and operational support to organizational unit.
- Gathers and organizes data to be used in modeling and development of Power Analytics reports. Accountable for the management and maintenance.
- Designs and maintains pertinent databases, reports, CUBES, SQL tables, and Power BI Applications.
- Curates custom dashboards/reports via Excel and Power BI platforms. This includes a full stack development approach including concept design, data procurement, integration, querying, formula development, data modeling, and visualization design.
- Provides oversight of month-end processes associated with data gathering and assimilation for accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or a related field.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Master’s degree (MBA, MHA, or related).
- Mastery knowledge of Microsoft Power BI, SQL, and Excel, healthcare specific knowledge related to professional billing/practice management principles, reimbursement models, and knowledge of practice management drivers.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.