Full Job Description
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
With annual operating expenses of over $1B, this position requires collaboration with senior leadership on planning, key program performance including milestones, and financial performance. In addition, this position will help support Global Function Reporting, Back-Office Integration, Transformational Programs and other new initiatives as they arise.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead the coordination, consolidation, creation, and analysis for the finance processes including annual operating plan, long-range plan, quarterly forecasts and monthly reporting for the Corporate Managed accounts.
- Oversee month end close process and analyze variance of actuals versus targets.
- Provide strategic guidance to Baxter’s Senior Leadership and Finance teams on Value Capture projects for Corporate Functions.
- Review financial results, forecasts, operating plans with senior function leads and Corporate Controller and combine with external data and analytics to provide insights to Corporate function heads.
- Responsible for all Capex reporting, forecasting and analysis across Corporate Functions.
- Lead balance sheet forecasting for Corporate Functions spend and partner with Director FP&A Cash to deliver accurate free cash flow analysis.
- Manage financial modeling and reporting or all special projects including integration activities and business transformation changes.
- Monitor and assess compliance efforts in internal controls, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), SEC requirements, and Baxter Financial Policies and Procedures for all related entities and operations.
- Partner with other functional business partners to analyze, evaluate and make recommendations to support investments and new business initiatives, including capital requirements.
- Supervise, develop and provide feedback and direction to team
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field (or country equivalent). MBA/CPA preferred.
- Senior level leader with strong analytical skills and decision-making capabilities
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Change agent with ability to effectively manage and drive impactful change across multiple geographies and functions
- Ability to lead and operate in a team-oriented environment and influence cross-functional stakeholders
- Strong process mindset and proven success in leading business initiatives to deliver large scale process improvements
- Strong technical and financial knowledge, including understanding of internal control requirements and accounting principles as well as understanding of relevant business environment
- Strong ownership mentality; maintains focus on driving projects to completion and delivering output/results
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage tasks concurrently; owns career and is accountable for managing own development
- Strong financial and business acumen; familiar with financial systems and various aspects of financial reporting
- 80/20 work approach, ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple on-going projects
- Ability to distill insights from complex analyses and create concise and compelling presentations to senior leadership audience
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law – Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.