Banner Health believes leadership matters. We look for people who share our vision making health care easier, so life can be better. Our leaders are at the front of the health care transformation, planning the future of Banner Health.
Seeking an inspired individual wanting to make a difference in Oncology Research as our Associate Director, Finance. Our team thrives to make our patients experience as pleasant as possible. We pride ourselves in our commitment to inspire great culture and relentless teamwork. Please join us if you share this passion!
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Alzheimer’s Institute (BAI) was established in 2006 as Banner Health’s first Center of Excellence. Banner Health is one of the largest nonprofit health care systems in the United States. Our team is uniquely, passionately and strategically committed to ending Alzheimer’s without losing another generation and to providing an unparalleled model of care for families facing this devastating disease. BAI is committed to improving people’s lives through excellent patient care and advances that capitalize on the best biomedical research. We intend to make a transformational difference in Alzheimer’s research and care.
This position provides financial leadership and expertise to specific business entitles in order to ensure the achievement of financial goals and performance metrics. This position provides timely financial analysis and ensures consistency of accounting practices in accordance with GAAP and company policies.
1. Provides leadership in the achievement of financial goals including revenue growth, operating margins, accounts receivable and expense management, and other operating efficiency measures. Ensures effective processes are in place for accurate charge capture and CDM management, timely billing and collection, and compliance with appropriate cost standards and principles. Identifies performance improvement opportunities through analysis of trends and variances.
2. Manages key financial, accounting, budgeting and reporting processes and systems ensuring compliance with existing company systems, fiscal policies and procedures, internal controls, and GAAP. Develops and implements other appropriate policies and procedures as necessary.
3. Works closely with operations management to provide financial information for use in planning, staffing, budgeting and other operational decision making. Establishes and reports financial performance metrics in conjunction with operations management.
4. Presents financial information and trends to stakeholders including internal committees, management and administration.
5. Oversees financial reporting to federal or state agencies and ensures compliance in all aspects of financial operations.
6. Directs personnel actions including recruiting, new hire actions, interviewing and selection of new staff, salary determinations, training, and personnel evaluations. Provides on-going financial education opportunities for staff and administration, as necessary.
7. Manages and monitors contracts or subcontracts to ensure payments are appropriate and in compliance with any regulatory requirements.
8. Supports the achievement of financial goals and performance metrics for operating unit. The incumbent exercises authority and control over the assigned responsibilities of this position. This position is involved in identifying and resolving operational problems. Independently must be able to work with internal and external professional contacts, maintaining a positive customer service attitude at all times. Continually develops improvement processes in accounting, finance and other departments.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, related field or equivalent experience.
Requires a proficiency level typically achieved with five years prior work experience in healthcare finance. Requires in-depth knowledge of accounting principles, budgeting, cost accounting, and healthcare reimbursement methodologies. Must have strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills to work with all levels of management and external stakeholders. Must be able to compose correspondence and prepare detailed operating and financial reports using advanced computer skills and knowledge of office desktop software. Must be able to work independently, managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
Must be able to compose correspondence and prepare detailed operating and financial reports using advanced computer skills and knowledge of office desktop software.
Previous supervisory experience is highly preferred. Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.