The GFX Business Finance & Controls (BF&C) team is part of GBAM Finance organization. GFX desk provides clients with market-making services in foreign exchange (“FX”) spot, swaps, forwards and options in G10 currency pairs through voice and electronic execution services with dealing centers located in New York, London, Hong Kong and Tokyo. The primary focus of the BF&C team is to support the GFX desk through the implementation and execution of key control processes. These include maintaining the legal financial books & records, new deal review, forecasting, stress testing, P&L explain, balance sheet analysis, and valuation and price testing functions.
This is a cross functional role in which the teammate will develop business partner relationships with the Front Office, Risk, Technology and Operations, and other support partners. Core responsibilities will include daily, weekly and monthly risk and P&L reporting, explains, and commentary, quarterly accounting disclosures, balance sheet reviews, coordinating with audit (internal & external, SOX), and month end close, reserve calculations, and pricing adjustments. Teammate will also be required to assist with new process testing, participate in ongoing initiatives, and ad hoc requests.
- Bachelor Degree required – Accounting/Finance preferred
- 1-3 years financial industry/banking experience
- Financial analytics experience and accounting knowledge
- Candidate must be able to work both independently and as team member
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
- Highly organized, detail oriented, proactive, and able to multitask in a deadline driven environment
- Advanced experience/skills with Excel and complex spreadsheets
- MBA / CPA / CFA
- Experience with Global Markets Products preferably in FX market
- Experience around regulatory reporting, Sarbanes Oxley, Volcker mandates, and capital reporting
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: