FUNCTION: Working under the direction and guidelines established by the Director of Wealth Management, the Senior Relationship Manager is primarily responsible for developing and/or coordinating all sales and visibility activity within WMG by and through direct reports. The position is also individually responsible for generating non-interest fee income through sourcing and/or closing of new business opportunities for WMG. The position is integrally involved in proactive sales and referral cultivation as well as for responding to and servicing the Bank’s WMG referrals, and for complying with all service and customer experience standards.
- Develops and implements sales strategy for Bangor Wealth Management
- Introduces/Reintroduces WMG (and Bank and other business associates, as appropriate) to strategic COI networks and advocates throughout the state
- Sources, qualifies and/or closes WMG opportunities through networking efforts with COIs, community leaders, business owners and other external development sources
- Sources opportunities for other business lines and associates of the Bank, where appropriate
- Individually achieves specified and agreed upon annual business growth, development activity, calling and new fee goals, as approved by the Director of Wealth Management.
- Utilizes and maintains a customer database (e.g., CCD, etc.) as part of an effective WMG/BSB sales management resource and process
- Oversees department sales and related activity reporting
- Manages development staff, including setting appropriate goals for development team to achieve objective of strategy
- Collaborates with and leads WMG Associates as part of an effective sales development atmosphere and process, including coordinating calling, sourcing and closing efforts for WMG opportunities, and for other Bank opportunities, where appropriate
- Actively participates in scheduled pipeline, deep dive and other WMG sales management processes and activities
- Serves as a resource and mentor to other WMG Associates in these processes
- Oversees brokerage service offering and staff members
- Oversees department referral response and appropriate follow up
Business Line Sales Development:
- Maintain visibility with internal business partners and external COI’s in support of brand strategy
- Actively and regularly participates in, and represents WMG in other business line business development meetings and activities, including but not limited to Commercial Banking, Treasury and Payment Services, Retail and Mortgage Development, Breakfast Clubs, etc.
- Coordinates prospect calling/action/development plans with other Business Line Associates
- Special projects as assigned
- Participates in community events that support and promote BSB
- Interacts harmoniously with others in a team environment
- Cross sells BSB products and services in support of all business lines
Compliance and Control:
- Assists in ensuring that the Bank is in compliance with local, state and federal regulations
- Interacts harmoniously and effectively with others, focusing upon the attainment of bank goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork.
- Conforms to acceptable punctuality/attendance standards as expressed in the Employee Handbook.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
- 5+ years trust and investment management/wealth management experience
- MBA and/or Cannon experience preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated personal computer literacy
- Ability to handle complex problems
- Strong communications skills, verbal and written
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with an ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and management
- Proactive planner and self-motivated, with good selling and business development skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate with others outside of reporting authority to achieve shared goals
- Previous experience in managing assigned staff of professionals
Physical Demands/Conditions Requirements:
General office environment. Moderate lifting (to 35 lbs.) required. Moderate reaching, walking, sitting and standing required.
General office equipment.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on an individual basis.