Full Job Description
Financial Planning & Insights
Manager Financial Analysis, Northeast Area Operations
Reports to Area Controller
This role will assist the Area Controller to manage the Northeast Area Operations expenditures in an effort to drive EBITDA. Managing the month end closing process, reviewing monthly account analysis and ascertaining adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles will be a key responsibility. Roll requires an energetic individual that has the ability to prepare appropriate cost benefit analysis, ensuring adequate return on investment, and approving all major area operations expenditures.
The individual has to will be go beyond the standard reporting practice and become the subject matter expert, engaging with all levels of the operations to develop more powerful and dynamic process that creates engagement and drives actions that will drive innovative improvement process changes, value creation, new growth and profit initiatives for the organization, ultimately improving EBITDA. Must not limit oneself to accept the status quo and be willing to challenge the assumptions made by the business/operations leaders Be open to new tools and ways of looking at alternative and forward looking financial analysis and reporting. Development and implementation of robust procedures that create accurate, timely, and relevant financial statements, measurements, forecasts, plans.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Controller in developing reporting mechanisms for NEA Operation expenditures for all direct costs, head count/spend, Overtime, etc. and system to report monthly variances and drive change to management and ultimately improving EBITDA.
- Manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs and ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
- Manage the month end closing process, reviewing monthly account analysis, ascertaining adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and insuring proper recording of all expenses to the correct location/business entity. Finalize the monthly management financial reporting package including key financial metrics and performance indicators
- Designs and creates actionable presentations that effectively communicate key financial and operational messages. Create strategic management reporting and forceful dashboards to drive a deep understanding of financial and operational performance, using performance indicators.
- Assist in developing annual operating budgets for the Area, updates monthly forecasts for direct costs, tracks head counts, and reports monthly variances to senior management.
- Manage the monthly review process for Operation Regional Managers and City/District Managers. Provides meaningful variance analysis comparing financial results with all relevant comparison points to drive improvements in cash flow management to drive EBITDA.
- Assist Area Controller manage a monthly review process for Department Heads (Security, Sales, Properties, etc.) and Field Operations Managers. Provides meaningful variance analysis comparing financial results with all relevant comparison points, forecast and action plans. Drive excellence as to be viewed as a strategic partner and expert on financial matters, providing guidance and assistance to the Area Vice President, Regional Managers and all corporate leaders .
- Individual who is eager to embrace new technologies, as they become relevant (i.e. advanced analytics, data visualization, process automation, data warehousing, etc.). Always actively looking for ways to eliminate non-value work and leverage automation whenever possible. Innovates business analytics, to identify and execute new ways to create true business insights. Constantly identifies new ways to align data with business knowledge and deliver incremental value
- Manage and/or assist with special projects on group wide initiatives, process simplification as requested, collaborates across the organization to drive improvements.
- Provides leadership and guidance to staff, fostering an environment, which encourages employee participation, teamwork, and communication. Directs staff on various monthly and quarterly ad-hoc reports and annual plan.
Required Skills and Experience
- Undergraduate degree required, preferred majors: accounting, business, finance, and/or economics. MBA preferred, not required.
- 5+ years FP&A specific experience preferably in highly transactional industries such as travel related companies. Must possess strong knowledge and solid understanding of financial accounting, modeling and analysis.
- Demonstrated experience handling complex modeling and analysis, driving continuous improvements. Enthusiasm for complex problem solving utilizing financial modeling and analysis, including advanced excel skills managing large data sets, ERP experience, and FP&A systems including Hyperion and others.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization. Excellent time management, planning, decision-making, and organizational skills.
- Progressive financial modeling and analytical skills with a high attention to detail.
- Strong software skills are necessary to analyze and prepare financial spreadsheets. Strong knowledge of general ledger/financial systems (Oracle, Hyperion, and Essbase) as well as data warehouse systems (Brio)
The successful candidate must bring demonstrated high level of ethical, professional and personal values while at the same time possessing the following traits:
- Practical, hands-on operational leadership with the ability to inspire and motivate others through exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Results driven but works through teams and empowering people. Self-motivated and able to contribute individually as well as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, decisive decision-making and works with a sense of urgency. Data driven, analytical, systems and process oriented.
- High energy, can-do approach to accomplishing objectives. Continuous learner who collaborates well with people at all levels of the organization.
- Can deal with ambiguity and at the same time will be comfortable driving change, improvements, and new approaches/thinking.
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
This role requires the ability to frequently stand, sit, walk, drive, and type. This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. *Use of company vehicle subject to company policy. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.