Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with passion for improving healthcare and doing the right thing for Athena. The Senior Associate of Financial Planning & Analysis will be responsible for analyzing and understanding the topline revenue results and forecast of the company from both a financial and operational perspective. This person will be responsible for the financial planning and analysis of critical areas of the business and will serve as a business partner to members of the executive and leadership teams. The Sr. Associate will help develop and maintain a quantitative and qualitative-driven infrastructure to help drive profitability as well as support the continuing growth of the business. The Sr. Associate will also be responsible for providing critical insights on matters of growth, corporate development, and other strategic initiatives.
- Manage the monthly reporting of company revenue and related growth driver results for the executive team and business partners (actual results versus budget/forecast)
- Prepare presentations for monthly CFO, Board of Directors, and other Corporate meetings
- Assist in generating the annual revenue budget and monthly revenue forecasts for key budget owners
- Partner to create and/or improve models and analytical frameworks to directly connect business performance and management decisions to topline growth
- Develop innovative datasets and analyses to increase topline growth in conjunction with FPA business partners
- Work closely with the FP&A team and the Controllers’ organization to continuously improve our processes and procedures
- Other duties as assigned by FP&A leadership and/or Chief Financial Officer
- Three to five years of progressive financial planning & analysis experience
- Exceptional financial analysis background, advanced modeling skills, strong business communication skills
- Bachelors’ degree in related field (MBA a plus)
Knowledge & Skills
- Solid understanding of finance and accounting
- Financial modeling and data analysis experience required: excellent MS Excel skills required, exposure to/willingness to learn SQL, familiarity with Cognos TM1 a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interface with people at all levels and prior executive/Board reporting experience
- Sharp attention to detail and accuracy
- Proactive, self-starter, results-oriented team player
- Demonstrated ability to work with confidential information and to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to maintain poise and a sense of humor in stressful situations
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee café and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or “athenistas”) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices – just to name a few.
athenahealth is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity—that’s why we recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. We’re happy to provide a reasonable accommodation, for those with a disability, to complete any part of the application process. If you are unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, please contact us at
email@example.com for assistance.