At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
As the Senior Finance Manager, Business Planning & Analysis you will serve as the key Finance business partner supporting US Medical, Sales Force Operations, Commercial Learning and Innovation Centre as well as several G&A functions. You will serve as the Financial resource to assist with strategic decisions for the teams you are supporting. In addition, you will be responsible for performance reporting, analytics, and presentation content for actuals and plan data including RBU, MTP and Budget forecast cycles for these functions.
A position in this team offers an individual an exceptional opportunity to gain exposure to a range of business customers, combined with exposure to business issues affecting strategic initiatives impacting the U.S. Marketing Company.
- Responsible for preparing in depth financial analysis of forecasts and actual results for review by business customers.
- Serves as the key Finance business partner to the US Medical leadership teams and provides strategic insights on key business decisions.
- Provides fundamental reporting and analysis on Medical Direct Brand Expenses
- Provides financial advice, support and business challenge to business customers on key business decisions.
- Assists with creation and delivery of USLT and BBU LT presentations
- Drives cost consciousness with business customers and leads efforts to identify and drive cost savings.
- Identifies and implements continuous improvement opportunities to planning and reporting processes.
- Ensures adherence to all SOX 404, as well as, local financial control framework controls.
- Performs ad-hoc reporting requirements and financial analysis.
- Works closely with Global Financial Services team specific to functions supported by this role
- B.S. Degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA preferred
- 5 + years of financial experience, pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of US operating model
- Excellent PC skills and experience including Hyperion Planning, SAP, SAP Business Warehouse, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical ability
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, including oral and written
- Confidence in working with Senior Management
- High degree of accuracy with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to perform in an environment that emphasizes teamwork to meet deliverables
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively manage multiple and frequently changing priorities
- Demonstrated capability to meet strict deadlines with a high level of ownership and strong sense of urgency
Internal and External Contacts/Customers
- U.S. Commercial Finance
- U.S. Senior Leaders
- U.S. Controllers Group
- U.K. Group Finance
- BBU Medical Team
- Global Insights, Analytics & Commercial Excellence Team
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial – finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, what’s next!
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.