Named one of the fastest growing firms in St Louis by the St Louis Business Journal, five star workplace and top 25 places to work, Aspire Software is a SaaS provider that provides a best in class business management software to the landscaping and snow removal industries. We pride ourselves on making a real difference in customers’ lives with a cloud-based platform that offers the end-to-end functionality contractors need to gain full visibility into their business, make better decisions, and increase profit margins. Aspire is trusted by more than 36,000 users in over 800 locations to manage more than $2 billion in industry revenue.
We equally pride ourselves in making a difference in the lives or our team members! We place high value on our unique culture where team members can learn, grow and thrive with really great people by their side. Really great people work at Aspire…and we’re looking for more really great people to join us!
We’re looking for an exceptional Senior Analyst, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) who will provide financial modeling, investment analysis and budgets, working with lenders and investors, and designing ad-hoc portfolio reporting and analysis. This position includes financial consulting and strategic support including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, industry group comparisons, new business opportunities, new vertical and acquisition analysis and other projects requested. The position reports to the Chief Financial Officer and requires excellent organization and communication skills. Acute attention to detail, flexibility, and deadline management are essential functions of the position.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Lead financial planning across the company, including quarterly, annual, and long-term forecasting, analysis
- Strategically manage and analyze ongoing financials by building and using complex financial models including monthly/quarterly budget, churn numbers, and current and past trends in KPI’s making recommendations on best practices and highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
- Maintain key metrics to help provide insights to business performance including CAC, churn, sales productivity, pipeline velocity, etc.
- Lead forecasting and budgeting, partnering with department leaders on monthly, quarterly, and annual analysis
- Provide high-level performance “dashboard” quality reports to Executive Team. Financial scorecards, KPIs, results and business commentaries with tight correlation to identified business stats and trends – actual results verses plan, forecast and prior periods.
- Prepare and analyze financial management presentations for Board of Directors, Senior Management Team, financial institutions
- Partner with Accounting to support the month-end close process
- Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools and processes that support our rapidly growing business
- Provide pricing analysis for new deals in coordination with the Sales Department
- Provide guidance to other departments and assist with Ad Hoc projects reporting and analysis
- Assist with due diligence in relation to acquisitions, vertical additions, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA or CPA designation would be a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel and Powerpoint critically important)
- Experience with business planning and BI applications
- 3+ years’ experience in Financial Planning and Analysis
- Experience in software products and SaaS a plus
- Familiarity with SaaS metrics, having experience calculating and comparing churn, dollar retention rates, cohort growth rates, lifetime value, customer acquisition cost, etc.
Preferred Skills Requirements:
- Excellent communication skills and analytic expertise are needed to verbalize financial documents Strong analytical experience, with expertise in financial modeling
- Experience building financial reporting decks for various audiences (Board of Directors, Exec Team, etc.)
- Staying attune to financial markets and what others are doing creatively – – ability to ‘think outside of the box’ and look to challenge traditional way of looking at the business
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills, pro-active approach, forward thinking
- Self-Starter, able to identify problem areas and brainstorm and present recommended solutions
- Exceptional organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- High ethical standards including maintaining the highest level of discretion and confidentiality
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to implement advance planning and BI tools
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspire Software offers a business management system built specifically for companies in the landscape and snow/ice industries. Aspire makes a real difference in customers’ lives with a cloud-based platform that offers the end-to-end functionality contractors need to gain full visibility into their business, make better decisions, and increase profit margins. Aspire is trusted by more than 36,000 users in over 800 locations to manage more than $3 billion in industry revenue.
Aspire is named as one of the fastest growing firms by Inc. 5000 and also named in St Louis by the St Louis Business Journal as a five-star workplace and top 25 places to work. For more information, please visit www.YourAspire.com.
Our Core Values
- We are changing an industry and charting our own course.
- We are naturally curious.
- We try new things without fear of failure.
- We create best practices daily.
- We find solutions that drive value to the customer.
- We listen intently.
- We keep the customer’s success top of mind in all interactions.
- We think beyond the constraints of current rules and systems.
Put Others First
- We are humble and kind.
- We sincerely care about the success of others.
- When we see someone struggling, we jump in to help.
- We do what we say we’re going to do.
- We commit to only what we can achieve.
- We ask for help without shame if a commitment is at risk.