Aspen Dental Management, Inc. (ADMI) is a leading dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support services to more than 800 independently owned and operated Aspen Dental practice locations in 43 states. Our purpose? To care for the people who care for the patients, providing expert business support to the largest, fastest-growing branded network of dental practices in the country. This model makes it easier for independent, licensed practitioners to do what they do best: Care for their patients.
As a reflection of our continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity to join our Marketing organization as a Product Manager. This is a critical role in the organization driving new product development across all Aspen Dental’s customer experiences, current and future, including practice locations, contact center and digital properties. The Product Manager will define opportunities and deliver products on the product roadmap, ensuring a world class customer and provider experience at every customer touchpoint. The Product Manager will also execute new product development activities and work cross-functionally to define and manage the product lifecycle with key stakeholders. Product Managers are expected to be versed and comfortable in agile product management frameworks, exercise top notch product management skills, be ready to solve hard problems – both for customers and the business, not be afraid to sign up for results, and hold themselves fully accountable to the product’s success.
- Partner with business stakeholders to align on a product vision, strategy, and roadmap for his/her product area in support of corporate goals and objectives.
- Responsible and accountable for delivery of Aspen Dental’s digital products and services and product results
- Identify and assess opportunities against business goals. Prioritizes those opportunities with internal stakeholders and external partners to build and maintain a product roadmap for their respective category.
- Translates a product roadmap into a product backlog and leads matrixed teams using agile development methodology. Work with business stakeholders on defining requirements, with UX team on usability and Technology teams on feasibility. Leads short feedback cycles with Product Manager acting as the voice of the business with UX and Tech
- Understands product strategy for the digital and marketing portfolio and works to complete supporting market analysis and business cases.
- Manages driving a product through its entire development cycle, from concept to launch to lifecycle management, with a strong focus on details while never losing sight of the big picture.
- Leads cross-functional teams to execute on product management (UX Design, Visual Design, IT, Engineering, Operations, Customer Care, Quality, Marketing, Finance, and Legal).
- Acts as the “voice of the customer” and “voice of the user” and provides a business perspective on value of the product roadmap and backlog.
- Analyzes and develops differentiation against key competitors by understanding market landscape, emerging technology, and customer needs and trends.
- Works closely with select internal and external customers to gather requirements and assist marketing with customer presentations as the product expert.
- Supports any required RFI/RFP boilerplates, training, tools, collateral, and knowledge bases.
- Builds and maintains relationship with third party product vendors to realize product value proposition, as required ensuring the interests of ADMI are reflected in the vendor’s roadmap.
- Partners with all internal departments to align & prioritize the long-term roadmap and short-term quarterly roadmaps.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of Customer and UX-focused product management experience, ideally with experience developing user experiences in consumer or patient facing industries
- Demonstrated success in executing and directing product management activities in multiple areas
- Ideal candidate has experience in designing, implementing, and iterating on consumer experiences using digital web and mobile platforms for use in physical healthcare, retail, or banking industries
- Ideal candidate also has the technical and operations acumen to understand the implications of data, back-end services and operations on the user experience and vice versa
- Undergraduate degree in design, computer science, analytics, or marketing; MBA, MIS, or MS desired
- Demonstrated success as a product owner in SCRUM software development, including effective management of a product roadmap to agile product backlog
- Clear passion about Aspen Dental’s mission and ability to identify possibilities in our industry
- Proven skills to collaborate with cross functional teams, and able to influence others to support decisions
- Ability to be self-directed to solve business issues in defined product area
- Ability to make decisions about and prioritize own work
- Entrepreneurial with a strong inclination towards action, preferably with experience at a startup or highly dynamic environment
- Creativity in managing culturally diverse customers, changing requirements and shifting priorities for product development
- Passionate advocate for our customers and the user experience
- Ability to learn multiple functional areas of business, including: engineering, design, finance, sales, and marketing
- Drive to become the subject matter expert in your product area and be the “go to” person and subject matter expert
- Ability to lead without authority, building credibility across the organization
- Communicates effectively and listens actively
About Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
Aspen Dental-branded practices are supported by ADMI, a dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support to licensed, independent dentists.