Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is a privately held, clinical-stage gene therapy company founded in 2001 based on the work of adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapy pioneers, Jude Samulski, PhD, and Xiao Xiao, PhD. We are driven to change lives with every clinical advancement and turn hope into cures with new possibilities for genetic medicine. We currently have clinical trials ongoing for late-onset Pompe disease and congestive heart failure.
AskBio is headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, a thriving biotechnology hub, and has additional research and development facilities in Edinburgh, Scotland, and gene therapy manufacturing in San Sebastian, Spain.
We are excited for our next FP&A MANAGER to join the AskBio team!
About the role:
The FP&A Manager will lead budgeting, financial forecasting, reporting, financial modeling and processes, execute month-end and quarter-end variance analysis, conduct monthly variance reviews, and forecasting with department leaders. The FP&A Manager will maintain rolling forecasts, long-range models and plans.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Budgeting and Forecasting – Manage the forecasting process, liaising with department personnel and helping to ensure the integrity of consolidated budgets and forecasts.
- Reporting – Create monthly reports for budget managers and other key decision makers.
- Supports finance with proactive financial analysis, leadership and support on critical business initiatives
- Coordinates and consolidates monthly forecasts and annual budgets/3-year plans, including in-depth explanations of results vs. forecast/budget expectations, risks and opportunity assessment, and mitigation opportunities
- Prepares monthly management reporting and ensures a high degree of quality, timeliness and accuracy in reporting, as well as provides key business insights and perspective outlooks
- Serves as Finance interface across multiple departments
- Facilitates implementation of new financial policies, procedures and systems when needed
- Leads and/or participates in special projects to improve or enhance financial management and operating efficiencies
- Provides financial and accounting guidance functional leaders
- Identifies and implements ways to improve forecast/budget accuracy and timeliness using automation and new tools
- Provides financial support on Mergers and Acquisitions (as applicable)
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis
- BA/BS in finance, business, accounting or economics. MBA is a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience in financial planning & analysis/corporate finance. Investment banking experience a plus.
- Analytical, critical and strategic mindset, always looking to deep dive into the figures and challenge the numbers. High attention to detail and accuracy of data and information.