$40,000 – $50,000 a year
Full Job Description
CHIEF OF STAFF POSITION PROFILE
TITLE: Chief of Staff
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
Curamericas Global, based in Raleigh, NC, seeks a Chief of Staff with extensive cultural competence to join a high performing, community focused agency. Why work for Curamericas Global? Join a nonprofit with a start-up vibe, have autonomy to make an impact, quickly gain experience and responsibility and work with a team of graduate trained and passionate public health professionals. Join a nonprofit that is committed to ending colonial development, north-south power dynamics, and using innovative business strategies to sustain and grow evidence based community health.
The ideal Chief of Staff candidate is a recent MBA graduate and/or with an undergraduate degree in Business. Candidates must speak Spanish and be interested in growing with the organization into a potential Deputy Director or Chief Operations Officer. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Chief of Staff must be highly collaborative, self-motivated and a pro-active problem solver who likes to run towards the accident and can generate new ideas and improve on past performance.
Curamericas Global is a world class, global health NGO that has been saving the lives of mothers and children in low resource communities since 1983. Curamericas Global works in partnership with communities and local NGOs to implement evidence based strategies through community led, long term projects that empower communities to take control of their own health. Curamericas’ projects embody our shared values of equity, compassion, and empowerment through data driven decision making to create programs that are sustainable through partnership and changes in individual behavior and social norms https://www.curamericas.org.
KEY ROLES: (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Works with Executive Director to draft and monitor the organizational budget, tracking organizational income and expenditures, preparing fiscal reports, and analyzing trends and patterns in income and expenditures to assist with fiscal planning, control of company costs, and introduction of initiatives to maximize organizational return on expenditures
- Manages and motivates staff, understands the day-to-day work of each member instilling a collaborative leadership culture throughout the organization
- Develops and oversees individual and team goals, workplans, and benchmarks for success in support of priorities and goals
- Works with Executive Director to oversee fiscal management of contracts and grants, including processing and approving invoices, monitoring contract/grant expenditures, overseeing the preparation of timely and accurate financial and project outcome performance reports to funders, partners and stakeholders, overseeing fund transfers between donors and implementation partners and overseeing project close-outs
- Ensure the smooth operation of Curamericas’ physical office, including telephone, FAX, internal email, equipment, supplies, rent, janitorial services, utilities and landlord, vendor, and service provider relations and accounts
- Oversee information technology, including its organizational data management, storage, and security systems, as well as its monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system
- Oversees and ensures the successful implementation of risk management, legal, business insurance, property management, human resources, and information technology activities, policies, and procedures
- Applies sound and proven business practices and implements industry best practices, business policies, and internal controls to minimize risk, safeguard corporate assets, and improve operational efficiencies
- Drives the development, implementation, and maintenance of a technology plan that provides a mechanism for data collection and analysis to inform defined metrics for programs, fundraising, finance, and general operations
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in relevant field such as Business Administration, English; MBA preferred
- Spanish speaking preferred
- Triangle, NC based and comfortable working remotely
- Process driven with a track record of uniting a diverse team around clear goals and defined metrics tracked through shared systems and distinct processes
- An entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to think strategically while implementing tactically
- Hands-on budget management skills, comfortable with numbers and financial reporting
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, fiscal management, IT management office operations
- Proven track record of managing complex budgets successfully.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure
- The ability to lead, coach, inspire, support, and motivate a team of diverse individuals with multiple functional responsibilities
- Understanding of the rewards and challenges of working with the economically vulnerable
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize, organize, plan, and manage projects and schedules to meet deadlines and achieve desired outcomes
- Strong leadership and management skills that positively influence the Mission’s culture
- Strong problem solving and conflict mitigation and resolution skills
- A willingness to seek out information and resources to work through complex challenges
- The ability to make sound business decisions in line with the Mission’s core values and mission
- Experience working across multiple cultures to create inclusive and equitable programs
- Demonstrated passion and compassion for missions in the developing world
- Willing to try new ideas and not afraid of failure
- Demonstrated proficiency in written, ghost written and oral communication
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel; high comfort with technology
It is the policy of Curamericas Global to provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual preference, age, or disability.
SALARY: $40,000 to $50,000
Armstrong McGuire & Associates, based in Raleigh, NC is conducting this search. To apply, click on the link to the Curamericas position profile at www.ArmstrongMcGuire.com/apply. You will see instructions for uploading your cover letter, resume and professional references. In case of any technical problems, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled.
Powered by JazzHR