Full Job Description
Ark Financial will change the financial services industry by leading to a new standard. While most financial service firms provide monolithic financial solutions based on their in-house products, heritage models, and shrouded information, Ark was formed with transparency, advocacy, and innovation at the core. We believe every family lives more abundantly with a Family Office, and so we have set out to bring the Family Office to every family in the world. A Family Office is more successful at driving towards a family’s goals and objectives because it can successfully coordinate across multiple disciplines, including finance, tax, legal, insurance, and good old-fashioned organization.
The Ark Family Office*
First-generation entrepreneurs who earn at least $1M in taxable annual income and have $MM in liquid assets currently influence our economy and the financial well-being of the families they touch. These business owners need a Family Office, have outgrown the standard financial services industry, and are not sufficiently wealthy to set up a dedicated Family Office. They are our target market. Ark Financial is a Multi-Family Office. We provide the methods and services to multiple families using our proprietary methods and tools, known as the Ark Family Office Operating System. This operating system provides solutions to the organization, cashflow management, tax planning, estate planning, risk mitigation, asset protection, financial planning, wealth accumulation, and cybersecurity for wealthy entrepreneurs.
The Private Wealth Advisor will be on the RIA team responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, and service of investment strategies and portfolios customized for existing Ark clients. The Private Wealth Advisor will work within Ark’s developed investment philosophy and client engagement process and will work with a team of other professionals to coordinate investment activities with broader financial goals. We are looking for a professional who will delight existing clients with their attention to detail, ability to simplify complex ideas, and investment expertise. Sales skills are a bonus, but this position emphasizes investment knowledge and does not require finding new clients or bringing a book of business.
In addition, this role will be responsible for assisting the CIO in research and due diligence on investment opportunities and tactical portfolio decisions.
Investment Analyst Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing an assigned set of client portfolios according to customized goals and objectives.
- Work with clients to recommend asset allocation guided by Ark’s existing investment philosophy and process.
- Conduct performance review with clients.
- Responsible for the execution, service, and implementation of strategies on behalf of clients.
- Due diligence and research.
What Kind of Experience You Should Have:
- Five years of work experience in an investment-related field
- CFA charter holder (or pursuing the CFA charter) is ideal
- Also acceptable in combination with related experience is Finance/Economics/Accounting degree, MBA
Does this sound like you?
- Deeply analytical enjoys studying asset allocation and the nuances of private and public asset classes.
- An investment “nerd” eager to dive into concepts like asymmetry, duration, correlation, valuation, and quantitative easing—and the skill to explain to clients why those things matter.
- You value evidence and first principles over dogma, you understand the concept of complex adaptive systems.
- You are OK with rapid change, wearing multiple hats, and a bit of chaos typical in a growing firm knowing that you can help build something big and significant.
- You think the financial services industry should be better and you want to be part of the solution.
- You are humble enough to listen and learn but will be confident enough to teach us what you know.
Job Type: Full-time