Full Job Description
Job Description: *
Position Summary: *
Business Development is an essential part of the future business strategy for AMT. It is how we will go to market to provide our world class enteral and surgical solutions for customer segments which desire creative contractual and purchasing solutions. With this approach to our economic customers, we can demonstrate the long-term value of partnership and working with AMT’s Strategic Accounts Group; most importantly, our impact on patient care.
- The Business Development Associate will report to the Vice President, and be responsible for developing mutually beneficial long-term partnerships in a given number of designated regional GPO’s, smaller IDN’s, Home Medical Equipment (HME) providers, (Large and Small HMEs), and Long Term Care (LTACs)
- Includes Domestic and Canadian
- In conjunction with the AMT strategic plan, the Business Development Associate will develop and lead the strategy to drive additional profitable sales and market share growth within identified regional GPOs, IDNs, HMEs, and LTACs.
- The Business Development Associate will provide input on and support pricing structure, and contractual strategies for regional GPOs, IDNs, HMEs, and LTACs.
- This role will work closely with the Field Sales Organization and strive to facilitate AMT regional GPO, IDN, HME, and LTAC relationships which may affect a key hospital / IDN purchasing decision.
- With coordination of the Customer Service Manager, the Strategic Account Associate will represent the single point of contact of AMT for economic customers in the identified regional GPOs, IDNs, HMEs, and LTACs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This list is not comprehensive, but meant to represent the most common or important duties of the position. Other duties are required and/or assigned.
- Understand key regional GPO, key regional IDN, HME, and LTAC opportunities for AMT.
- Understand single points of contact within economic customer base / supply chains of key GPOs, IDNs, HMEs, and LTACs.
- Lead economic / contractual efforts to create new key hospital accounts as a result of contractual agreements with key GPOs, IDNs, HMEs, and LTACs.
- Working with local sales team, improve AMT’s position in the marketplace by creating agreements and processes with key GPOs, IDNs, HMEs, and LTACs allowing key customers to purchase AMT product their preferred way.
- Create measurable sales growth within key hospitals / hospital groups resulting from agreements with key regional GPOs, IDNs, HMEs, and LTACs.
- Maintain economic customer satisfaction with regional GPOs, IDNs, HMEs, and LTACs.
- Identify and present to AMT leadership possible improvements and needs to help AMT’s regional GPO, IDN, HME, and LTAC business.
- Establish and build strong working relationships with AMT business leaders and sales team members to ensure the successful delivery of services to your customers.
- Understand AMT’s strategic business plan to include upcoming product launches and marketing strategy.
- Keep strong communication lines open with Vice President, National Sales Manager, Marketing, and Customer Service.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Experience: *
Minimum Qualifications: *
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; MBA qualification would be an advantage.
- At least +2 years of sales (medical device preferred) experience with evidence of successful outcomes in key accounts / strategic selling scenarios.
- Functional understanding of marketing / finance / IT / supply chain / healthcare economics to help drive non-product related value added services.
- Extensive knowledge of all AMT products, applications, indications, and price strategy.
- A track record of entrepreneurship, where proactively identified opportunities have been converted into proven business results through a sense of urgency.
- Must demonstrate strong integrity based leadership principles and the highest level of ethics in all interactions with internal and external partners.
- Experience of involvement in contract negotiations.
- Understanding of the healthcare market environment and identification of short term and long-term factors that may affect the business.
- Be a good negotiator and possess a high degree of self-confidence, courage and conviction.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills to professionally represent AMT at the corporate level.
- Some travel will be required (50%).
- Must have the ability to multi-task, be an effective listener, excel at verbal communication, and possess excellent presentation skills.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, rebates, proportions, percentages, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Maintains a valid Driver’s License. Must have a valid passport.
Essential Job Functions: Critical features of this job are described below. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Mental: Must be able to effectively communicate with others; complete and understand complex analysis of numbers; read, analyze and interpret written materials; develop team to meet and exceed company standards; ensure compliance with company policies; respond appropriately to feedback to make improvements; maintain positive working relationships; troubleshoot and solve problems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required: Knowledge of modern business communication, office procedures and methods. Skill to use a personal computer and various software packages such as Microsoft Office Suite. Proficient in Excel a plus. Ability to establish priorities, work independently with minimal supervision, and facilitate teamwork.
Equipment Used: telephones, computer, other office equipment as needed.
Special/ Additional Requirements: Persons in this position may be required to pass a drug, alcohol, credit, and/or criminal background check.
Primary Location: Brecksville, Ohio
AMT is an equal opportunity employer.
From: Applied Medical Technology, Inc.