Aon is looking for an Associate Compensation Consultant.
As an Associate Compensation Consultant you will work as part of a team to deliver high quality, effective solutions for our clients. You will be responsible for comprehensive data gathering and analysis, conducting complex research, and creating client deliverables. You will predominately learn by doing and partner regularly with more experienced executive compensation consultants to develop greater technical skills and functional knowledge. This role is often considered a necessary step in the executive compensation consultant career path at Aon.
In this role, you are applying analytical skills and process skills learning about compensation design and implementation practices to deliver high quality and effective client solutions. You will collect, analyze, and model compensation data to evaluate client’s pay practices and provide support to client teams in developing solutions. You will participate as a member on client teams under the direction of more experienced consultants.
Consulting and Project Management
- Develop draft project plans and meeting materials for client presentations
- Participate in data gathering and fact finding at the client
- Participate in design and implementation meetings
- Conduct benchmarking, analyze results and trends, and model or conduct impact analysis using software tools such as Excel or Access
- Develop draft documents including reports covering methodology, results, and recommendations, and job documentation
Contribution to Sales
- Help draft client proposals.
- Build positive relationships with clients through high quality support
- Contribute to content development through research.
- Present your findings both internally and/or externally via speeches, papers, and conferences.
Technical Competencies/Skills Required
- Ability to understand and analyze business problems, break down problems to identify root cause issues, and identify solutions
- Ability to manage, model, analyze, and manipulate data, using software such as Excel and Access
- Experience working with teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of compensation strategy, design, and implementation, including base pay, annual incentives, and recognition a plus
Preferred Education/ Certifications / Work Experience Requirements
– Bachelor’s degree (related disciplines such as Business, Math, Economics, Accounting, Finance, – Statistics is also preferred but not required); MBA or CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience
- Ideal candidate would be familiar with Compensation, preferably Executive Compensation segments
- Excellent business writing (correspondence and reports) and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Excel and Access and other Microsoft Office Suite products
- Ability to travel occasionally
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.