SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Financial Consultant PS40806
Preferred locations: Atlanta, Ohio, Indianapolis and Virgina Beach but may be open to any Anthem location
The Financial Consultant is responsible for System Support for the Enterprise Bank Reconciliation Software, CheckFree RECON+, and analytical project support for financial business teams including Cash Accounting and Cash Disbursement functions. A key resource on Anthem Transformation projects involving payments that feed to RECON on the mainframe. Interaction with Anthem claims system resources and external vendors including banks.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Identifies complex financial software application problems or issues, researches solutions, and implements corrective steps to achieve higher level of efficiency for the Finance Team.
- Advises management of various business operations and software application models and recommendations.
- Prepares complex presentations and documentation to be used as a resource by staff or outside departments.
- Prepare business requirements, RECON Batch Process documentation and manages the Mainframe related projects.
- Creates Bank Account Reconciliation and 1099 Testing documentation for Anthem Enterprise Projects.
Requires a BS/BA in computer science, accounting or finance; 3-5 years’ experience in general accounting, finance, and Finance mainframe systems, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. MBA, CPA, or CMA preferred.
Prefer hybrid experience which includes mainframe support of cash accounting applications such as CheckFree with the following skills:
Understanding of FTP and NDM transmissions
Preferred: DYL-280 and COBOL skills
Other skills required: Microsoft Office Professional including MS Access and Excel. Must be very detail oriented and possess excellent verbal and written skills.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.