With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
As a Senior Strategy Finance Analyst you will lead the development of strategic finance business initiatives and plays a critical role in offering insights to leadership. Identifies, researches and evaluates threats and opportunities to the long-term growth plan. You will provide financial and business-related analyses to assess the impact of various projects, systems and transactions.
What You Will Do:
- Supports strategic business initiatives by providing in-depth analysis as well as quantify financial impact.
- Understands key drivers of the business and develops data-driven performance measures to support decision-making processes. Identifies threats and opportunities from data insights and communicates to leadership.
- Leads and supports initiatives focusing on key drivers impacting the enterprise key objectives and P&L.
- Serves as a contributor or leads cross functional projects for key Corporate goals.
- Supports business target setting model to understand current year forecasts/outlooks and longer-range financial outlook and strategic business plans.
- Conducts complex analyses and research in such areas as financial and expense performance, rate of return, depreciation, working capital and investment.
- Prepares forecasts and analyze trends in manufacturing, sales, finance, general business conditions, and other related areas.
- Prepares detail of work plan and schedule, completes detailed analysis and research, identifies options, prepares reports for management and recommends action or change for assigned projects.
- Participates in the formulation of department budgets. Reviews departmental actual expenses versus budget. Issues monthly variance statements.
- Participates in the development of department procedures and performance measures.
- Conducts special financial and business-related studies as requested.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- MBA plus 3 years of Finance, Accounting, Military, Operations, Business or wine industry experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; or Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of Finance or Accounting experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; or Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years of Gallo Finance or Accounting experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Strategic planning or corporate development experience.
- Ability to influence at executive levels and drive organizational change.
- Experience with MS Excel at an intermediate level.
What Will Set You Apart:
- MBA plus 5 years of Finance, Accounting, Military, Operations, Business or wine industry experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance plus 8 years Accounting or Finance experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Consumer Products Goods (CPG) or strategy consulting experience.
- Experience with MS Access at an intermediate level.
- Experience with SAP.
- Experience with Outlook Soft.
- Experience with MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
- Experience reading, analyzing and interpreting common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Experience responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Experience effectively presenting information to top management, public groups and boards of directors.
- Experience applying mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis.
- Experience defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions. Experience interpreting an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and dealing with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Experience completing assignments that broad in nature, usually requiring originality and ingenuity. Has appreciable latitude for unreviewed action or decision.
- Broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of this particular field of specialization.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Requisition ID: 73925
Equal Opportunity Employer
Gallo will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Nearest Major Market: Modesto
Job Segment: Financial, Financial Analyst, Law, Finance MBA, Compliance, Finance, Legal