Senior Pricing Analyst
Date: Dec 9, 2020
Location: Canonsburg, PA, US, 15317
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
The Senior Competitive Pricing Analyst’s primary responsibility is to collect, analyze, and report on competitive pricing data in an effort to ultimately increase sales productivity. The Analyst will work in close proximity with the sales, product management, and strategy teams to develop and distribute custom and standardized reports. The Analyst will be involved in facilitating overall prevailing market pricing assessment, involving but not limited to, other market players and peers, price elasticity analysis, discount tracking, and a variety of other metrics that would enable strategic decision-making across the organization. The Analyst will work in collaboration with the sales, product management, and strategy teams to develop and distribute custom and standardized reports.
- Prepare customized pricing reports for the leadership team
- Collect, analyze, evaluate, and report historical pricing data on the organization and other market players and peers
- Develop market (customer/competitor) pricing trends and analyses that present actionable intelligence to directly support Ansys strategy
- Develop, evaluate, and implement pricing strategies and models based upon current business and market dynamics involving other market players
- Gather prevailing market pricing intelligence to provide recommendations on pricing policies
- Assess, evaluate and consider pricing structures and price points across the entire product and services portfolio and for new packages and offerings
- Support sales goals by providing recovery strategies and price point analysis on lost opportunities
- Research pricing trends and communicate key metrics of the health of Ansys financials in support of Ansys’s price positioning in the market
- Develop in depth knowledge of products and competitive factors, working cross functionally with sales, product management, strategy, marketing, finance and accounting
- Partner with Sales/Marketing, Product Management, Strategy and Finance to position product portfolio and establish pricing programs relative to the other market players and aligned with product/sales strategy and revenue recognition requirements
- Use of business analytics for continuous iterative exploration and investigation of prior business performance to gain insight for predictive modeling and to further drive business planning
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Mathematics
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in business development, market research & analysis, business strategy, market or competitive intelligence or related field with strategic/critical thinking
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to present complex data to groups of internal and external customers in a clear and concise manner
- Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with CRM data management
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Must have ability to synthesize data and information from multiple sources to develop fact-based analyses and recommendations
- Experience in pricing structures, analytics, and pricing practices for SAAS (or XAAS) companies is highly desirable
- MBA, preferably in finance or business analytics
- Three years of experience in pricing analytics or a similar position, such as sales analysis or financial analysis
- Strong project-management and analytical skills
- Experience in the simulation software market and interpreting market trends
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren’t posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren’t about rules and regulations. They can’t just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we’re facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished”. It’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.