Full Job Description
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like you’re part of something bigger, it’s because you are. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together—researching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. It’s time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Amgen is seeking a Finance Manager who will play a key role in Corporate Finance, specifically the General and Admin (G&A) group in Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A). This position reports to the Senior Manager and supports Consolidation, Human Resources and Legal. This role will be based in Thousand Oaks, CA and is a highly visible role with Leadership. The individual will act as a business partner, supporting Law and HR in all budgeting processes, planning and analysis. The ideal candidate will be able to adapt, be agile and action orientated.
Financial Analysis: Prepare long-range plans, annual budgets, strategic assessments, forecasts and/or review actual results compared to forecasts. Provide analytical support to senior management related to key decisions. Identify opportunities for operational efficiencies and cost savings within the functional area, present those opportunities to senior management, and assist in implementing them. Interface with other areas of Finance as needed.
Business Partnering: Build strong relationships across functions within the company, work closely with various functions (Law & Human Resources). Support financial reporting and partner with functional leads as part of the overall planning process and provide key financial support and analysis on an ad-hoc basis. Cross-functional interaction with various groups may also be required. Drive process improvements across areas of responsibility and efficiencies.
Consolidation and Reporting: Primary contributor in the planning and coordination of the annual budget, quarterly forecasts the long-range plan. Prepare various management reports and models on financial performance and be able to explain key variance drivers and insights across multiple cost centers and cost categories. Actively support the Year-End and Quarter-End end close (accruals, G/L classification, reconciliations, etc.). Support larger G&A team with key communications, action items and training on processes when applicable.
Other key responsibilities include:
Supporting the monthly close process, completing management/project reports, variance analysis, and presenting results and recommendations to Senior Management. These activities require the ability to gather and analyze data, understand and communicate cost variance drivers, and establish effective working relationships.
Master’s degree & 3 years of experience directly related to the job
Bachelor’s degree & 5 years of experience directly related to the job
Associate’s degree & 10 years of experience directly related to the job
High school diploma / GED & 12 years of experience directly related to the job
- Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics, Business, Accounting or related field of study, with an MBA or CPA preferred.
- 3-5 years of financial accounting/analysis experience.
- Strong analysis skills with the ability to analyze data and present results to senior management in a professional, clear, and concise manner.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Solid technical finance skills and overall working knowledge of financial systems and tools including Hyperion and SAP applications, and Proficiency in Excel a must.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imaginatio