Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools, and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We’re proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 180+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, and Canada. We have nearly 13,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities – from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Gathers regional financial and operational data, performs analyses and helps to draw conclusions based on that data, and prepares appropriate and relevant reports and presentations to executives. Primary focus will be on the domestic Warehouse segment (approximately 140+ temperature-controlled warehouses).
- Assists in the month end close process for internal and external reporting. Developing analytics to research and review financial results for select business segments to drive operational performance.
- Provide support to regional teams for reoccurring forecasts, as well as annual operating budget for domestic facilities. This includes loading data to the Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC) system, validating for continued improvement, developing reporting for total domestic results and compiling final product into presentation format.
- Supports Return on Investment program by developing new metrics to prioritize and optimize opportunities, preform post-profitability analysis, develop presentation materials for upper management.
- Assists in the preparation of management reports summarizing operational results for the period, including both financial and non-financial data, and assists in developing slides for executive presentations as needed or as requested.
- Works with and partners within numerous corporate functions to drive value add projects, strategic initiatives, and business cases and partners with other functional departments on assigned projects as necessary.
- Performs other ad-hoc projects and duties as assigned to support various departments.
Qualifications & Experience
Education, Training & Professional Experience:
- MBA or MBA in progress preferred. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance and 2- 3 years of relevant financial analyst experience.
- Previous exposure to Operations, Manufacturing, Transportation, or Warehousing industries is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Access and Word.
- Previous demonstrated experience with financial and business intelligence systems. Demonstrated knowledge and experience with SAP and SAP-BPC is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of budget and reporting systems such as HYPERION, ESSBASE, COGNOS, or equivalent.
Knowledge & Employment Standards
- Driven to create and innovate while taking ownership of current responsibilities.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills sufficient to prepare financial documents, reports, and presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to work on teams exemplified by implemented results or change to processes.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems in a fast-paced environment where deadlines and scopes may change regularly while maintaining accuracy.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
- Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
- Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
- Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
- Requires some travel by automobile and airplane up to 10% of the time
- May require to visit facility environments in temperatures at or below freezing
- May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
- Requires the use of various electronic tools
- Occasionally works evenings or weekends in order to complete objectives or to attend meetings
- Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
- Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.