Senior Manager FP&A
Posted On Oct 23, 2020
As an organization focused on mutual respect and inclusion, American Tower endeavors to make reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with a disability. Applicants needing an accommodation during the recruitment process or who have questions regarding website accessibility should contact us at (617) 687-7911 or email@example.com.
We are seeking a Senior Manager FP&A to join American Tower’s Finance organization. The FP&A team partners with internal stakeholders to provide actionable analyses and recommendations driven by detailed analytics. Day to day you will lead the financial analysis for operational activities across multiple business segments for the Company’s U.S. Tower division. The Senior Manager delivers value-added business analyses and defines and measures meaningful financial and operational metrics across all products and services, leading to insightful price-making decisions, support of strategic operational decisions, and wise capital investments. The Senior Manager oversees all capital spending related to asset maintenance, ensures budget compliance, and collaborates with senior management to develop capital investment strategies that support long-term revenue growth and cost management.
Core Principles are the foundation of our culture, and we’re focused on achieving continued success by thinking long-term, leading with values, and creating value with decisions. Come grow your career with us!
What You Can Offer Us
- Design, produce, and distribute monthly and quarterly analyses of the financial performances of multiple business segments.
- Oversee and analyze operational performance trends across all projects, regions, and segments; appropriately communicate insights and actions to Operations Vice Presidents and their respective management teams.
- Develop budgets and forecasts of capital spend for annual, 5-year, and 10-year periods for all assets and ensure compliance with capital plans.
- Forecast all operational profit and loss impacts on a monthly basis for the U.S. Tower division and a quarterly basis for the Corporate Finance department.
- Consolidate and analyze services revenue forecasts and costs, aggregating all key Operations, Marketing, Sales, and Finance department costs and cost drivers in order to review the full cost basis of products and continuously enhance processes and forecasting tools.
- Identify opportunities to develop predictive analytics models that generate operational performance revenue opportunities and efficiencies.
- Communicate to internal stakeholders the outcomes of analyses and research to ensure successful end-to-end understanding of financials, strategies, processes, and planning.
- Understand the financial reporting nuances of operational costs and revenue activities, working in partnership with the Accounting and Tax teams.
- Guide, develop, and manage Financial Analysts who prepare financial analyses supporting the performance of strategic programs.
- As a Senior Manager you are responsible for the recruitment, performance management, and career development of Financial Analysts and Senior Financial Analysts. You’ll also be expected to cultivate a collaborative team dynamic that enables us to meet our business objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ financial planning, operations management, corporate development, or asset management experience required.
- Experience identifying, developing, analyzing, and successfully executing operational strategies required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing a team required.
- Telecommunications, real estate, and/or broadcast media experience preferred.
- Strong organization, planning, and project management skills; ability to prioritize tasks for self and team to meet requirements and deadlines.
- Ability to work with different functional groups and levels of employees to effectively and professionally achieve results.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to drive and motivate team to achieve results.
American Tower is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee based on age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.