As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs. At the American Red Cross, you will enjoy a collaborative work culture committed to the diversity of our people, programs, and services. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity.
The Business Analyst – Master Data Management and Governance for Supply Management will:
- Participate in the development and implementation of master data management governance for Supply Management processes with the aim of using better practices to influence the ways we manage and use our data to make fact-based business decisions.
- Single point of contact for input of all new Supply Management-related data and changes as it relates to Master Data Management (e.g., supplier data, item data or supplier diversity data.
- Help the Category Management Team and Business Units to make better Supply Management decisions based on facts (e.g., spend data, inventory data, supplier data facts, supplier diversity or sustainability)
- Assist in the review, cleansing, and audit of data to ensure integrity and consistency of Supply Management-related data across multiple systems.
- Investigate, share, and help to implement better practices in master data management and governance for Supply Management and related to Supply Management.
The successful candidate in this Corporate HQ position is responsible for delivering:
- Master Data Management. Provide hands-on leadership to improve Supply Management and related master data management processes and governance based on better practices (e.g., improving Inventory Item Master, Supplier Master, supplier diversity, sustainability, or spend data). Participate in data cleansing and audits. Single point of contact for input and management of all supply management related data.
- Spend Analytics. Assist in management and training of the spend analytics platform and work with Category Managers, Line of Business colleagues, and other Analysts to mine spend data for opportunities for P&L improvement, efficiencies, transformation, and fact-based decision making.
- Data & Process Analysis. Analyze/interpret data & processes with eye toward using such info to better Category Strategies, strategy execution and influence fact-based decisions.
- Executive Meeting Documentation. Provide assistance documenting key takeaways and action items from executive level leadership meetings hosted by Supply Management (e.g., Supplier Risk Council, Biomed & Supply Management Executive Steering Committee, Stakeholder Advisory Board) and various additional meetings if needed.
- Business Unit / Function Scorecard Creation. Participation in the development of a Business Unit/Function Scorecard and reporting cadence.
- Requisition-to-Pay and Contract Lifecycle Management Processes. Assist in the administration and continuous improvement of Req-to-Pay and Contract Lifecycle Management platform.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Management, Business, Economics, or related field
- Professional Certification (e.g., APICS-CPIM or ISM-CPSM) preferred
- 5 years of experience in Category Management/Strategic Sourcing experience preferred
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, specifically in Materials Management or Planning is preferred
- Strong experience in process improvement, data mining and analysis
- Ability to review, analyze & summarize large quantities of info into key points
- Proficiency in Req-to-pay tools, such as Coupa, SAP, Ariba, Oracle, etc.
- Experience using spend analytics tools, such as SpendHQ, Coupa, Zycus, Jaggaer, etc.
- Exceptional computer (Microsoft office) skills, advanced knowledge of Excel (Pivot tables and V-lookup functions), and knowledge of Access and PowerPoint
- Team player with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Solid influencing skills preferred (e.g. be able to share data to tell a story and influence stakeholders)
- Ability to respectfully challenge the status quo (5 Functions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni)
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
- Strong work ethic and a desire to continuously learn
- Strong financial acumen preferred
For those candidates located in Colorado, the salary range for this position is: $70,000 – $85,000
Note that the American Red Cross sets salary ranges aligned to a specific geographic location in which the job or employee resides. The stated salary range in this posting is an average and may not be reflective of your individual circumstances. We will review specific salary information at the time of phone screening based upon your location.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization that creates a culture of collaboration and team spirit. We offer our employee’s a competitive salary, wide range of generous benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; flexible spending accounts; 401K retirement plan with match; paid time off, holidays and floating holidays. Also, we encourage professional development and provide growth opportunities. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.