Location: DFW Headquarters Building 8 (DFW-SV08)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 38998
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
- This job is a member of the Treasury Team within the Finance Division
- Responsible for decision analytics within the Treasury organization of American Airlines, including the areas of Corporate Finance, Asset Management and Fleet Transactions
- Also responsible for developing and maintaining various financial models to inform and influence the Company’s management of its capital structure and financial risks
What you’ll do
As noted above, this list is intended to reflect the current job but there may be additional essential functions (and certainly non-essential job functions) that are not referenced. Management will modify the job or require other tasks be performed whenever it is deemed appropriate to do so, observing, of course, any legal obligations including any collective bargaining obligations.
- Conduct review of capital structure and analyze impact of various capital deployment scenarios on leverage metrics, margins and enterprise value
- Develop models and conduct analysis to rank attractiveness of various financing alternatives and make recommendations to senior leadership
- Understand various rating agency models and update internal modeling to predict impact of corporate actions on ratings
- Analyze AAG’s enterprise risk including fuel price, interest rate and currency exposure
- Support the Deal Team in ad-hoc analyses including but not limited to external research, studies on current credit agreements, and competitor analyses
- Assists in the analysis and development of capital structure recommendations and related presentations for senior leadership
- Conduct annual review of currency exposure for financial statement footnote disclosure of financial risk
- Analyze restricted cash to ensure compliance with existing contractual requirements, as well as identifying opportunities for optimizing portfolio of financial instruments in support of reserve obligations
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience/education
2 years of investment management, consulting, corporate finance and/or investment banking experience
- Excellent analytical and financial modeling skills including facility in the use of spreadsheet and programming software
- Self-starter who will take ownership of analytics projects and will be strongly motivated to enhance the in-house modelling/advisory platform
- Deep understanding of Corporate Finance theory and ability to apply to real world scenarios
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities concurrently and work independently
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Products (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 38998