- 3+ years experience in program or project management
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
- 3+ years experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- 5+ years of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
. Experience with large scale financial planning and reporting tools.
. Experience with Fortune 500 companies in accounting and/or finance related technologies
Amazon is seeking a Program Manager to join the Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team. Our team manages complex programs and works closely with various stakeholders including Finance and Financial systems teams to solve problems that directly impact Amazon’s financial reporting. The successful candidate will lead company-wide finance transformation projects that change how Amazon consumes, stores, and analyzes financial data.
This is an excellent role to shape a growing business in an entrepreneurial environment. This person will need to have good finance understanding and should be able to dive deep to understand the flow of data and its sources through our financial planning & reporting systems. The data flowing through our platform directly contributes to decision-making by our CFO and all level of finance leadership.
If you are passionate about finance and comfortable with systems, love to partner with business teams to address reporting needs, and concisely communicate with business partners and finance leadership, come join us!
- Lead large-scale change management initiatives and collaborate with finance and systems teams on how to optimize the way finance organizations review reports in Amazon.
- Troubleshooting and ensuring high standards on data integrity and data fidelity.
- Generate insights based on financial results that will influence decisions being made about the businesses.
- Drive financial planning and analytics models. Communicate and coordinate with senior leadership and stakeholder teams to gather inputs, generate deliverables, and coordinate reviews with finance and systems leadership.
- Partner with both finance and application development teams to define requirements for and prioritize projects to improve accuracy and automation.
- Identify and lead projects for process improvements and finance transformation initiatives.
- Quick learner with a positive attitude, professional demeanor, and strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency in SQL, NoSQL, general DW concepts, Cognos, TM1
- Demonstrated financial modeling and analysis skills
- Process improvement experience (ideally Lean and/or Six Sigma)
- Highly analytical and detail oriented
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
- Proven ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
- CPA/MBA preferred
- PMP certified
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.