- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Finance, Statistics, Engineering or related discipline
- 4+ years experience as an Operations analyst, Business analyst, Data scientist or similar job function, including 3+ years of relevant experience with data mining, SQL, building reporting, and modeling
- 3+ years experience writing SQL code or Python with intermediate complexity
- Experience in developing business models and metrics to address business critical issues in a time-sensitive environment
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
The Amazon Home Services team allows customers to book a variety of services from mounting your new TV on a wall, assembling your new furniture, and installing a smart thermostat or doorbell. Amazon strives to be top-of-mind for all services, while simplifying the end-to-end experience from ordering, to scheduling, product ordering and fulfilling the service.
We are looking for an experienced Operations Analyst to drive analytical projects for our services team focused on improving data telemetry and reporting. Projects generate work items ranging from the development of a new ad-hoc report to the formation of a long-term business mechanism that will drive material insights to the team on an on-going basis. You’ll be focused on designing, managing, and publishing reporting and analytics that provides business stakeholders with the progress being made. You’ll also highlight where gaps may exist that require process refinement and operational improvement.
Core responsibilities and capabilities:
- Help business customers define and prioritize work items for execution
- Work backwards from your end-customer to define, design, and execute each work item with an emphasis on improved metrics, productivity and defect reduction
- Update and maintain multiple dashboards and data sources to feed automated reporting to the extended team
- Translate data into actionable insights for stakeholders while proactively identifing new areas of opportunity to drive further improvements
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and generate innovative solutions in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to frame complex analytical problems, pull data, and extract insights that led to tangible business results
· Proven written and verbal communication skill· Willingness to roll up the sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals and deadlines
- Challenge the status quo and ask the hard questions to ensure investment of time and resources is warranted
- MBA or Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Math or Business