- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or similar analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent.
- Minimum 3+ years of finance experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Do you want to be part of an organization that is designing and launching new business models across the world? Do you enjoy breaking down and solving complex problems for a quickly expanding customer base, focusing first on customers and working backwards? If so, the Global Specialty Fulfillment (GSF) Operations Finance team is looking for an experienced leader with a record of achieving results.
Who are we?
The Global Specialty Fulfillment Operations team (GSF) covers a portfolio of businesses with unique fulfillment and operational capabilities such as Amazon Fresh, Whole Foods Market Online, Amazon Heavy/Bulky, Amazon Business, Same Day Operations, and Locker+. Our Finance teams partner closely with our operations teams to influence the strategic direction of the business, drive operations excellence, and make sound investment and expansion decisions, with the primary goal of continuously improving the customer experience while driving long-term profitability for our portfolio of businesses. Our teams experiment, fail fast, learn, and scale rapidly, and we have a culture of data-driven decision-making.
The GSF Finance Team seeks a Financial Analyst to support our Grocery Delivery businesses. The role partners closely with a broad range of finance and business leaders across multiple teams in Operations, Retail and Business Intelligence. The role designs, develops and maintains performance measurements, and reports on strategic input drivers to continuously improve the economics of the business.
Success in this role:
The successful candidate will have shown experience in past roles influencing business owners and supporting decision making in rapidly evolving environments. This role requires a self-starter with excellent modeling skills, a keen attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects effectively. This role also has regular interaction with corporate and operations senior leadership and therefore requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Partnering with Senior leadership to ensure key operational and financial targets are achieved.
- Performing deep-dive analysis and financial modelling to identify opportunities to improve performance and reduce operational expenses.
- Utilizing analytical capabilities to inform decisions, drive standardization initiatives, and support annual and multi-year planning and reporting processes.
- Owning weekly and monthly performance commentary that provides thoughtful insights and recommendations to enable effective decision-making.
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos, and other financial systems)
- MBA and/or Professional certifications (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.