- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related technical field.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in a role requiring application of analytic skills to develop data pipelines to support downstream reporting.
- Experience building/operating distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets from multiple sources.
- Knowledge of data warehousing fundamentals, ETL development, and data storage principles.
- Advanced SQL and query performance tuning skills.
- Coding proficiency using Python, R, Scala, or other scripting languages.
Customer Trust & Partner Support, Finance Analytics Advisory (CFAA) team is hiring a talented Data Engineer to launch our new legal bulk data request program! We are looking for people who are passionate about using data to mitigate risk, and to drive innovative solutions in an increasingly complex business environment.
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence, recently being named the #1 most trusted company for customers. To help Amazon deliver on this reputation for trust, CFAA Team provides controllership oversight for all of our Customer and Selling Partner businesses. We do this by serving as internal data consultants – reviewing how metrics tracking critical business programs are developed, and ensuring that data reported both internally and externally accurately reflects reality.
We are hiring a Data Engineer (DE) to develop infrastructure supporting legal and regulatory bulk data requests, and to build automated mechanisms that will ensure reported data is authoritative. Candidate must be able to work across teams to translate business requirements into data warehousing requirements, and implement strategies to prevent or detect data pipeline failures if/when they occur.
The primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Own development, design, and maintenance of big data architectures to support querying of diverse datasets to be queried for legal and regulatory bulk data requests.
- Translate ambiguous business problem statements into data warehousing requirements. Work with internal customers to define best output based on expressed stakeholder needs.
- Produce scalable mechanisms to validate, monitor, and troubleshoot operational or data issues in data pipelines.
- Learn and navigate compliance related requirements for storing and using bulk data.
- MBA or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related technical field.
- Experience leading large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects, including using AWS technologies – Redshift, S3, EC2, Data-pipeline and other big data technologies.
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- 5+ years of industry experience in software development, data engineering, business intelligence, data science, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
- Linux/UNIX experience, including to process large data sets.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.