This position requires a Bachelor’s in Business, Finance, Economics or other highly quantitative field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in program/product management with some analytical customer facing experience such as audit and/or management consulting.
- Experience developing and implementing business operations and process improvements to streamline operations.
- Strong quantitative background with experience managing datasets, spreadsheets and determining insights to inform key business decisions.
- Ability to look ahead and balance strategic projects and initiatives with tactical day-to-day reporting and management cadence.
Amazon Pay Americas is looking for a dynamic, results-driven leader to deliver programs to deliver value through the lifecycle of our small merchant business. Amazon Pay is a service that makes it easy for millions of buyers, who have established a relationship and stored their shopping details with Amazon, connect and transact with merchants, on external merchant sites and applications.
The Self-Service Portfolio Program leader will have end-to-end responsibility for scaling operations to deliver new benefits, de-bottleneck pain points, and grow affinity with our Merchants. The role will be responsible for collaborating with the WW Amazon Pay regions and global product, marketing, and operations organizations. This role is unique in that it includes direct customer contact which provides up-front feedback on the experience we create for our customers. The ideal candidate will use their energy, enthusiasm and experience to build and deliver impeccable results, continuing our history of outstanding growth and positioning Amazon Pay as the provider of choice for merchants and buyers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Define key gaps in our merchant onboarding experience by instrumenting, monitoring and surveying our customers’ experience.
- Develop programs with key stakeholders to deliver long-term solutions to these gaps and work with Product, Marketing, and Operations to scale and promote these solutions.
- Think big to deliver new value proposition to our customers managing complex matrix structures within the business, with other Amazon businesses and third party partners.
- Potential for minimal travel (< 10%).
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or related experience.
- Demonstrated bias for action with strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly & analyze quantitatively.
- Ability to juggle many tasks and projects simultaneously in a fast-moving environment, and must be a self-starter who is excited about technology.
- Ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with technical employees.
- Experience with e-commerce businesses and/or payment processing solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior management teams, manage and execute projects with a strong bias for action; ability to effectively prioritize projects and meet aggressive, recurring deadlines.