Full Job Description
About Allied Electronics & Automation
Allied Electronics & Automation is a high service level, authorized distributor of industrial automation, interconnect, cabling, and electromechanical products. We are part of the $1.7 billion global distributor, Electrocomponents, serving as Allied Electronics & Automation in the Americas and RS Components around the rest of the world.
Our global footprint and world-class logistics allow us to give customers the products they need, when they need them.
We pride ourselves on the great working environment that we’ve created at Allied, where our employees can make a difference in the lives our customers, we can move fast, experiment when needed, can operate with autonomy and where everyone is focused on doing the right thing for the customer.
The primary function of the position is to support the FP&A Manager and Chief Financial Officer through financial analysis and business partnering with key areas of the business. This includes performing analysis of key financial and operational data and Key Performance Indicators to assist senior management in making informed decisions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Business partnership with various departments providing business insight for critical decisions
- Ability to operate fluidly in a fast paced environment
- Highly analytical and can transition between being strategic and completing hands on tasks
- Development and ownership of dashboard(s) to spot trends and highlight areas of opportunity
- Support FP&A Director with annual budgeting and quarterly reforecasts
- Provide decision support across the business functions through value added insights
- Preparation of monthly and weekly internal Management Reports
- Support month end close with understanding of variances between actual and forecasted balances
- Experience in Distribution is a plus
- Other duties as assigned by the FP&A Manager and CFO
Essential Qualifications, Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Clear thinking/problem solving
- Ability to work, collaborate and communicate across all levels of experience
- Familiar with standard accounting and financial reporting concepts, practices and procedures
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and initiative to see projects/assignments through
- Advanced user in Excel is required
- SAP and Business Intelligence expertise is a plus
- Understanding of SQL data structures and ability to write coding against existing databases is preferred
- Power BI and MS Access experience is a plus
- Experience with dashboard tools such as Tableau, Domo and SAP Hana is a plus
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Finance or Accounting from four-year college or university is required
- Master’s degree in Finance or MBA is a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
Allied is an equal opportunity employer and maintains policies and practices that are designed to prevent and prohibit unlawful discrimination against any qualified employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military/veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other unlawful classification to the extent protected by law. This policy of nondiscrimination applies to all employment practices, including hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, training and termination. Employees who engage in unlawful discrimination will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations