Full Job Description
Albertsons Companies is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,294 stores, 23 distribution facilities and 20 manufacturing plants with over 275,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that include: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw’s, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
The Strategic Sourcing Team has an opening for a Senior Financial Analyst.
This position is located in Boise, ID
Advanced experience and/or a formal background in finance and/or the financial sector of business operations is required. Experience with P&L and/or retail finance, both theoretical and practical, is a plus
- Develops complex sensitivity, trend and profitability analyses and predictive modeling and forecasting
- Investigate costing and price anomalies and drive towards quick and accurate resolution
- Operate comfortably in “deep dive” analytic scenarios with front line financial analysts and then pivot to a high-level strategy discussion with executive leadership
- Conducts complex data mining and other quantitative analysis.
- Participates in the development of advanced analytic tools and models (predominantly in Microsoft Excel) requiring ingenuity, creativity and short deliverable timeframes (“build from scratch”)
- Experienced in conveying insights from complex data analysis in clear, concise and actionable manner to executive leadership
- Interprets results and recommends solutions to increase revenue, reduce expense, maximize operational efficiency/quality.
- Presents results of analyses and recommendations to management and/or users using high-end presentations, charts, graphics, etc.
- Responds quickly to requests for specific, customized ad-hoc financial reports.
- Identifies business needs and determines analytical approaches to develop solutions to business issues.
- Understands business goals and contributes to solutions to drive business strategy.
- Projects and analyses involve complex analytics to solve a variety of cross functional business issues.
Provides guidance to less experienced analysts
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- 4-year college degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Background in finance and/or financial sector of business operations
- 5+ years’ experience in accounting, financial planning, and budgeting in a major consumer product manufacturing company is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Hyperion Essbase, Microsoft Power BI Desktop, SQL and Teradata
- Strong ability to understand and interpret business strategy and implement actionable recommendations
- Knowledge/experience in data mining and database applications
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Drives for Results:
- Manages own projects, determining appropriate approach, resources and timeframes.
- Influences execution to make projects successful.
- Strong ability to prioritize and resolve issues within the broader team.
- Inspires & motivates others
- Ability to multitask on multiple projects.
- Ability to understand and meet client expectations and recognize and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Communicate changes to team and stakeholders.
- Strong negotiation skills when working with external and internal business partners and customers to create win-win solutions
- Coach and train lower level analysts.
- Strong collaboration skills in working with management, team, and business users when defining business needs and developing, recommending and implementing solutions to business issues/needs.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to follow through to resolve customer issues.
- Identifies key customers and the relevance of their relationship to the Albertsons Strategic Sourcing Team
- Explains business rationale for major initiatives.
- Make decisions regarding
- Models and tools to be used in data analysis and pricing initiatives.
- Solutions that drive business success.
- Alternative strategies and contingency planning.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: < 5%
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace. All applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before final employment.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER