Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. We have a new vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength with deep local roots, that offers an easy, fun, friendly and inspiring experience, no matter how a customer chooses to shop with us. We want talented individuals to be a part of this journey.
A $60Bn company with 2,200+ stores, 23 distribution centers, and 20 food and beverage plants make us one of the largest retailers in the United States. With stores in 34 states serving 34 million customers, our foundation is our 20 well-known grocery banners with an eclectic and legendary history. Across the nation, we are moving the needle through innovation.
The Supply Chain Team has an opening for a Senior BI Analyst to support Strategic Sourcing. This positions are located at the Boise, ID Corporate office.
POSITION PURPOSE: As a Financial Analyst/Senior Financial Analyst, you provide the primary financial analysis to the Supply Chain team to help drive operational efficiencies and develop business cases to evaluate major capital investment.
Advanced experience and/or a formal background in finance and/or the financial sector of business operations is required. Experience with standard costing, manufacturing operations, warehouse operations and/or retail finance, both theoretical and practical, is a plus.
- Provide support to Business Unit leadership team and warehouse/plant directed initiatives/studies.
- Provide in-depth analysis of financial/operational performance versus plan and forecast.
- Identify opportunities to improve operational performance using best practice analyses.
- Develop balance scorecard and financial dashboard for Supply Chain operations.
- Develops complex sensitivity, trend and profitability analyses and predictive modeling and forecasting
- Conducts complex data mining and other quantitative analysis.
- Participates in the development of advanced analytic tools and models (predominantly in Microsoft Excel) requiring ingenuity, creativity and short deliverable timeframes (“build from scratch”)
- Interprets results and recommends solutions to increase revenue, reduce expense, maximize operational efficiency/quality.
- Presents results of analyses and recommendations to management and/or users using high-end presentations, charts, graphics, etc.
- Responds quickly to requests for specific, customized ad-hoc financial reports.
- 4-year college degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Background in finance and/or financial sector of business operations
- 5+ years’ experience in accounting, financial planning, and budgeting in a major consumer product manufacturing company is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Hyperion Essbase, Microsoft Power BI Desktop, SQL and Teradata
- Strong ability to understand and interpret business strategy and implement actionable recommendations
Drives for Results:
- Manages own projects, determining appropriate approach, resources and timeframes.
- Influences execution to make projects successful.
- Strong ability to prioritize and resolve issues within the broader team.
- Communicate changes to team and stakeholders.
- Strong negotiation skills when working with external and internal business partners and customers to create win-win solutions
- Coach and train lower level analysts.
- Strong collaboration skills in working with management, team, and business users when defining business needs and developing, recommending and implementing solutions to business issues/needs.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to follow through to resolve customer issues.
- Identifies key customers and the relevance of their relationship to the Albertsons
- Models and tools to be used in data analysis and operational initiatives.
- Solutions that drive business success.
- Alternative strategies and contingency planning.
Travel: Less than 5%
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER