Full Job Description
About The Company
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons is one of the largest retail employers, providing approximately 300,000 jobs across 2,200 stores, 22 distribution centers, 20 food and beverage plants and various support offices. We operate in 34 states and the District of Columbia under the Albertsons banner, as well as Safeway, Tom Thumb, Jewel Osco, Shaws and many more recognizable names.
The grocery and broader ‘food-at-home’ industry is undergoing a substantial transformation that has been accelerated over the past year. Albertsons, as the second largest grocer in the US, is at the forefront of these changes. If you are a finance professional that is interested in helping to develop and execute investment strategies that will help shape the future of how our customers purchase food, then we want to hear from you. Please apply below!
What you will be doing
The Manager, Corporate Development is responsible for collaborating with the VP and Senior Director of Corporate Development to evaluate and help execute strategic transactions to meet company goals. These transactions will include mergers, acquisitions, investments, divestitures, joint ventures, licensing and other strategic partnerships. Emphasis on developing detailed business cases including financial budgets and models, which will be critical in making recommendations to the Executive team. Partner with outside resources and internal cross-functional groups that provide expertise in finance, operations, supply chain, real estate, human resources, and legal as part of the diligence process. Assist with the transaction from beginning to end, including identification, due diligence, valuation, negotiation, legal and government reviews, execution, and integration.
- Support the company’s growth strategy in helping with the identification, assessment and execution of potential strategic transactions
- Assist with the project management of multiple transactions that vary in size and complexity
- Work with internal and external resources and ensure development projects are being met according to project plans
- Assist with the evaluation process of potential business opportunities including conducting market research, financial analysis, diligence, and communicating recommendations to the Senior Leadership Team
- Create comprehensive financial models for use in the evaluation of various opportunities
- Develop strong relationships with company leadership and be seen as a trusted partner
Knowledge And Experience
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree Required — Finance, Business, Engineering, or Other Quantitative Field; MBA preferred Experience Level: 4+ years of relevant work experience in business evaluation and financial modeling (M&A experience a plus)
Skills And Experiences
- Demonstrated exposure to a variety of transactions
- Hypothesis-driven, problem-solving orientation with the ability to create structured quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Superior analytical and modeling skills with the ability to build and analyze financial analyses including operating, valuation, pro forma, and financing models
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to track and project manage multiple projects across divisions
- Strong oral, written and formal presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex solutions and findings to all levels of an organization
- Effectively communicates to all levels of the organization using diplomacy and persuasive skills
- Self-motivated, assumes personal accountability for results and performance
10% travel Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.