Full Job Description
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons Culture Principles
Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
Team: We always support and recognize each other
Inclusive: We always value everyone’s perspective
Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
Director, Program Development
Reporting to the VP Real Estate Analytics, and working closely with our Head of Design, the Director will lead the development of the ACI Module and other strategic programs.
Manage a team to support the Real Estate, Design and Construction teams in the development and testing of a suite of Store Modules/Investments, as part of the Company’s Store of the Future Project.
The team will work with senior leaders across the organization to develop each department’s module program, including investment objectives, testing and roll-out program, and ultimately investment performance.
- Define and roll out a process to develop new modules across the organization
- Manage and report out on key program milestones
- Oversee the construction and further development of a module database
- Develop module investment analysis models and preparation of supporting investment packs
- Manage a module Testing Team and oversee a pilot of a new testing software package APT Mastercard and a new insight program Uncrowd
- Report on the performance of each of the modules
- Assist with communications and presentations
- Conduct external research and set up trend watching processes
Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Finance, Business, or related field. MBA preferred.
5+ years of related experience in business development, financial modeling, or related field.
3+ years people management experience
Skills and Experiences:
Solid financial acumen and excellent financial forecasting, analysis, and modeling skills.
Ability to think strategically, formulate action plans to enhance investment decision making and see them through to successful completion.
Excellent problem solver. Capable of applying a logical set of steps often with incomplete information, to solve complex business problems.
Strong organizational skills with the ability to track and project manage multiple projects across the organization.
Strong oral, written and formal presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex solutions and findings to all levels of an organization.
Effectively communicates to all levels of the organization using diplomacy and persuasive skills.
Candidly and constructively speaks up even when it’s difficult to do so.
Proven experience in managing a team including the ability to provide direction, understand resource constraints and capabilities and successfully drive results working with direct reports, and/or internal or external resources.
Self-motivated, assumes personal accountability for results and performance.
Autonomously meets goals and deadlines.
Demonstrated track record as proactive trusted advisor/thought leader in an organization, particularly around strategic issues to drive results.
Balances the needs of multiple stakeholders while maintaining strong executive level partnerships.
Demonstrates the highest levels of ethics and policy compliance at all levels.
As a leader within the Strategy, Corporate Development and Design group, the Director will work support and lead efforts to ensure that we cultivate a supportive, welcoming, inclusive, and fair work environment for our teams.
- Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment.
- Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at a desk or computer terminal.
- Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.