Date: Nov 13, 2020
Location: Nashville, TN, US
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 32,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.
In North America, we’ve been producing innovative, high-performance coatings since 1888. Today, you can find AkzoNobel’s products supporting industries ranging from aerospace to consumer electronics, infrastructure, transportation, home décor, furniture and marine vessels. With a regional headquarters in Nashville, Tennessee, AkzoNobel’s North America operation includes 3,500 employees at more than 30 manufacturing sites, technology labs and business offices. For more information please visit AkzoNobel.
As Head of Regional Communications, North America you will lead communication for the region to strengthen AkzoNobel’s reputation, brands, and organization. You will represent the region on the Communications Leadership Team and implement global campaigns effectively in the region. You will plan and deliver effective communication campaigns for the region to promote the company strategy and ambition. You will champion AkzoNobel’s reputation as “the reference” in the industry.
- Develop and engage the Regional Communications Team to ensure collaboration and high-performance
- Implement global campaigns effectively in the region
- Plan and deliver effective communication campaigns for the region, leveraging resources available including the Regional Communications Team
- Partner key leaders located in the region, helping them deliver AkzoNobel’s strategy and ambition by providing them with communication advice and support
- Set targets and KPI’s for communication campaigns in the region
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders (via relevant colleagues) to deliver an effective public affairs agenda, based on identified risks and opportunities
- Manage communication related to any issues, including crisis/emergencies, in the region
Education & Experience
- Native fluency in English language
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Global-local mindset
- Experience working in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Communications-specific qualifications
- People management experience
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Business Administration (or similar)
- Experience working within a global company and team
AkzoNobel is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable laws, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Requisition ID: 5954
Nearest Major Market: Nashville