Job Description and Qualifications
The Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) Financial Analyst role provides an outstanding opportunity to be the Air Products financial expert on the growing backlog of large and sophisticated industrial gas projects to be executed around the world. Air Products has positioned itself as the world leader in executing industrial gas projects to be sold to customers or owned and operating by Air Products. We have further positioned ourselves to be the world leader in clean energy through gasification and electrolysis to generate carbon free fuels. As a result of these strategic ambitions, the Company is now executing several, multi-billion dollar projects to include Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, and China. The company intends to hire a financial analysis located our headquarters in Allentown, PA to partner with its EPC organization to develop, implement and maintain work class financial analysis and controls in the areas of project execution and delivery to internal and external customers.
- Revenue and Cost Forecasting: Partnering with Project Directors, participating in the project estimating and execution process, understanding cost timing and cost drivers. Working with the project management team and cross functionally with other finance organizations, understand the revenue and profit profile of the project and the financial statement impacts of any changes in cost or scope. Build and maintain a detailed profit and loss statement to include a projection for the current fiscal quarter, year and total project life.
- Risk and Reserves Assessment: Partner with project and commercial management of each project to understand the underlying contract, engineering, country and project execution risks embedded in the projects, and independently assess and validate vital reserves through the project life, to include warranty reserves, project reserve, business areas reserves, and contingencies. Play a key role in understanding and leading the currency risk in each project, to include hedge efficiency and associated accounting.
- Contract Oversight: Participate in the development of key commercial contracts and work with the business area to coordinate such agreements as well as within finance to ensure our books and records as well as the risk assessment reflect the risks in the contract (example limited damages, warranty, etc)
- Cash Flow Management: work closely across project management and accounts payable to assess the project’s cash flow position and work purposefully across functions to maintain the project in a cash positive position.
- Financial Statement Assessment: Actively develop pro formal financial documents for each project, understanding the project impact on the total company P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow statement.
- Controls and Oversight: Establish controls and processes that ensure each project complies with the our published finance standard and business areas work instructions.
- Project Execution Leadership Team: Work closely with our Global Project Execution team in the overall management of the activity, to include improvement initiatives, development and implementation of new systems and processes, and assessment of overall project and organization performance.
- Establish a positive relationship with the Project Directors of each major project
- Understand all commercial obligations embedded in our agreements and ensure financial documents reflect expected outcomes
- Work cross functionally within the finance organization, leading teams as necessary, to ensure the right information is delivered to the right people at the right time to ensure accurate accounting of these projects as well as the collection and payment of receivable and payments.
- Build and maintain key processes and controls to ensure accurate reflection of the underlying projects on the Company’s financial statements
- Coordinate a process for evaluation and release of the various reserves on each project
- Timely and proactively communicate issues for action to senior business leaders and finance leadership
Experience and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, engineering or related field. MBA preferred.
- The position requires a strong business sense combined with proficiency in project/risk analysis, operational analysis, accounting knowledge.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to work across a global, multi-disciplinary business with growing levels of success.
- Possess very strong influencing, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Experience partnering with strong / high demand business partners who are moving quickly.
- Possess a strong potential for growth and expanded roles and responsibilities in the future as they continue to grow and develop with Air Products.
- 5 years of related experience, preferably with a world class EPC.
- Experience with SAP R3, SAP Analysis and SAP BW a plus, but not required.
At Air Products, we work in an environment where diversity is essential, inclusion is our culture, and each person knows they belong and matter. To learn more, visit About Air Products.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans. You will be eligible for benefits and also be 100% vested in your retirement benefits on your first day of employment.
Air Products thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Type of Relocation Benefits Provided
North America – Exempt
Business Sector / Division