Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek –– so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
We are searching for a product marketing leader to manage the Gas Chromatography (GC) Columns marketing team in Agilent’s Chemistries Division. This important role will lead a team of high-performing product managers and applications experts who have full product lifecycle responsibility for Agilent’s GC column portfolio.
The ideal candidate will be a leader with strong inter-personal skills who can be a highly effective coach for his/her team and has demonstrated success when working collaboratively with stakeholder groups across a large matrixed organization.
As the Marketing Director, GC Columns, you will:
- Develop product line strategy, in line with Chasm business principles and fundamental marketing practices. Must recognize and define short, middle, and long-term opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with R&D, manufacturing, sales, customers, segment marketing, adjacent business units and your marketing team to define a new product roadmap for the GC columns business. Ensure roadmap alignment with short- and long-term strategy.
- Translate strategy to operational plans setting appropriate (SMART) goals and metrics to achieve business objectives. Propagate goals and objectives to your marketing team and monitor their progress.
- Develop your team as contributors and future leaders.
- Contribute to and/or lead short term business teams (often cross functional) with defined goals related to improving Chemistries Division and/or Agilent processes, market understanding and execution plans
- Bachelors, master’s degree or PhD within a related scientific discipline (Chemistry, life sciences, biochemistry, etc.). An MBA or similar training is a strong plus.
- A minimum of 5 years product marketing experience, including digital marketing strategy, ideally in the analytical chemistry industry is required. Experience with product development processes like stage gate lifecycle is a plus.
- At least three years prior experience as a first level or second level people manager developing and leading a team. A proven track record of setting measurable and achievable goals and managing a team to achieve them.
- Must exhibit strategic thinking, teamwork, planning, and execution strength backed by strong analytical skills and business acumen with demonstrated approach and success in making strategic business decisions.
- Experience of working and leading in a matrixed organization and demonstrated ability to partner with R&D and Sales counterparts and their teams.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills. Ability to convey Agilent’s product solution vision and market strategy to internal and external partners and customers.
- Must have flexibility in working hours and available for 25% domestic & international business travel.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact +1-262-754-5030.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please see all of our notices for EEO below.
Yes, 25% of the Time