Small / Mid-Cap Biotechnology Opportunity in Financial Services
Location(s): 277 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10172
We are looking for a Research Associate to join our Small/Mid-Cap Biotechnology team within Ladenburg Thalmann, a member of Advisor Group. Working with a Senior Biotechnology Analyst you will have a high level of responsibility and be empowered to make an important contribution. The ideal candidate possesses a life science background and an interest in the development of successful companies. We make a strong commitment to Associate development and give you opportunities to rapidly gain visibility and incremental responsibility.
We look for team players who seek a highly rigorous and collegial environment for their career development. These are typically two to four-year positions with outstanding growth potential. Historically, our associate positions have proven to be excellent platforms for successful professional careers in financial services industry.
- Analyze clinical and preclinical data to assess the pros and cons of a developing asset, often in relation to competing medical discoveries
- Acquire expertise in your sector working with a Senior Analyst who is a seasoned industry expert
- Become proficient at developing in-depth analysis of your industry and companies
- Demonstrate thoughtful leadership of and make significant contributions to our highly differentiated written product
- Associates are responsible for writing and producing equity research reports, company initiations, and marketing presentations—often under very tight time constraints;
- Develop relationships with institutional clients, sales, trading as well as interact with senior management of companies in your industry
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Advanced life sciences or medical degree required. Preferably combined with MBA or finance designations such as the CFA, ACA, or CPA.
- Track records of outstanding academic performance, including honors and awards. Academic credentials typically include test scores and grades in the 90th percentile and above.
- Two to four years’ experience in the life sciences sector in a consulting, research or commercial capacity
- Relentless intellectual curiosity and a drive to excel at the highest level
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret scientific/academic papers and literature
- Strong writing and analytical skills.
Be A Part Of The Team Behind Our Success!
At Advisor Group, we support more than 11,000 financial advisors, the people who help everyday Americans achieve their dreams. We’re a billion-dollar business with the mentality and drive of a startup. Join us in building something special.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Advisor Group is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace and we hire the most qualified candidates without regard for age, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, language differences, nationality or national origin, family or marital status, physical, mental, and developmental abilities (or the perception of a disability), genetic information, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, skin color, social or economic class, education, work and behavioral styles, political affiliation, military service, caste, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Advisor Group.
Advisor Group does not consider applications from candidates who do not meet the minimum qualifications stated in the job posting.
Advisor Group only accepts candidates from contracted recruiting firms and only for searches approved prior to submissions. Fees will not be paid for unsolicited submissions.